marvel sheild C-17x "The Bus"

Started by lenny100, October 13, 2013, 12:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Wow. Can you make me some 1:1 scale moto bling ?

:thumbsup:

Great stuff.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Teddz

I can make just about anything... all I need is the design or concept, some measurements, what material and how it's going to mount. My new company may be centered around replicating models & props, but in reality, it's a full on custom anything shop. From models and props to actual cars and motorcycles/choppers... even furniture, sculptures and stained glass... I pretty much do it all and can work just about any material (I'm still having a bit of an issue working Titanium though). PM me what you're looking to do to your moto.

lenny100

if you do make a kit i will be haveing one
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Teddz

thanks guys...

Lenny, I won't make a kit at this scale, but I might offer some resin casts of parts for this conversion. I will be working on producing a resin kit at 1/72 scale which will be completely off the wall. The 1/72 c-17 has a 722mm span and 736mm length, so it's big... but big also means more detail, and also means other than the span, the Bus will be longer. So you need space for this, preferably somewhere where it won't get tossed into the rubbish bin. ;)

lenny100

Now taking into consideration  that i have a 1/72 scale type 23 frigate the 1/72 scale c-17 isn't that big,

Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Woah ! That is huge ! Going to be RC ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Jesse220

Teddz

Holy crap!!!  :o

That thing is enormous!!! Ok, I see what you're saying. I'll put you on the list of interested parties for the 1/72 Bus kit. I plan on it being completely insane. Much more detail than this one.

Teddz

I finished up the top portion of the on switch. Beveled the aluminum bits, bonded them to the acrylic and sanded the backside of the acrylic.

After finishing up the beveling.

Bonded to the acrylic

top portion done, set on lower portion... screws will be last since the thread is so fine I don't want to risk messing them up.

Looking top-down.

Now come the circuit boards that will be bonded to the underside of the acrylic under each corresponding logo bit that will hold the LED's and electronics that will make it all work. The test I made using some scraps proved my design, so if touched anywhere on the logo, not the ring, it will trigger the timed ON circuit. This means the logo lights up as well as the Bus and depending on how big the capacitor bank I build into the base is, the longer it stays on before automatically shutting off.

Dinner time.

PR19_Kit

You could sell that as jewellery!  :thumbsup: :bow:

Amazing work.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Teddz

Let there be light!

14 3mm LED's along with a 555 chip and related resistors are in the billet aluminum cup behind the logo. The capacitors, which determine how long it stays on are going to be built into the base since there's no room.

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Yowser!

I'm envious of people who can wire stuff together. and get it to work like that  I get lost wiring up speakers.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..