marvel sheild C-17x "The Bus"

Started by lenny100, October 13, 2013, 12:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Teddz

The logo switch is done. Got the M2 stainless steel allen head machine screws and a set of taps I needed to button it up. All that's left for it now is to be installed in the base and wired up to await the addition of the Bus.

PR19_Kit

Magnificent stuff, just that badge bit should be in a museum somewhere.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

So hows this all going?
In the last episode of the show I watched The Bus now has an extremely large gun mounted on its belly and has a cloak.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

MaxHeadroom

Captain Canada

Updates were coming fast and furious for awhile ! Almost forgot all about this one ! The gun option sounds pretty wild.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Teddz

Yea, I had to stop working on it for a while... needed to get some other projects out to pay the bills. I'm currently finishing up the first round of production on the Light-up logo I made for my display (in both SHIELD and HYDRA versions) as a stand-alone display piece.

Once the first round is done, I'll get back to the 1/144 Bus while I wait for the 1/72 Anigrand C-17 kit to arrive so I can then start converting that into an over-the-top Bus version. This one will most likely be offered up as a kit provided my Belgian connection can make the molds.

As for the cloaking, I was considering making one out of clear acrylic to mimic it... I'm not going to attempt an actual cloaking mechanism yet.

Captain Canada

After seeing what you've done with the wee version the 72nd scale version is going to blow us away !

:bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Seeing as the cloak on the show is as efficient as that on a Klingon Warbird ("remember where we parked") you wouldn't need to actually make anything.  Just tell people you had.
"Yes, it's over there.  Just beyond your reach..."
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Teddz

Hi everyone... not really much going on with the Bus build since I was having a major issue with some electronics that didn't want to work right. It consumed me entirely until I figured out the issue. Finally figured it out and managed to get the first few finished up and sent out to patiently waiting customers....  ;D

It's a stand-alone version of the touch sensitive ON switch I made for my Bus build. Enough people bugged me about it that I decided to make a few of them. I made them larger (4.5" instead of 3.5"), used the same high-grade billet aluminum construction (this time with a deeper bottom cup), M2 Stainless Steel Allen head screws, frosted acrylic, updated circuit boards, 9V battery (instead of 12v power supply) operation, an expandable capacitor bank that can accept up to 4x 1000uf or 1x 10000uf capacitor (I set it up initially with 1x 1000uf which is good for 35 seconds of ON time) and embed this all in a wooden base with a green felt bottom. Then I pack it up in a custom made padded wooden box that helps protect it during shipping and also serves to store it or display it.

Both of these have an extra wire installed that allows for connecting to something else to trigger it ON, so basically I can take either one of these and hook it up to my Bus and it'll turn it on like the original on switch does. Not necessary to connect it to anything else, bu the option is there. ;)

I made both SHIELD and HYDRA versions...

SHIELD...

HYDRA... A real pain to prep, but so worth it... it's my favorite looking of the two. Bad guys always have the cool logos.

Now that I'm getting these sorted and no longer completely consumed by electronics that don't want to work, more Bus updates will follow soon. Cheers!  :cheers:

zenrat

Fred

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Teddz

Look what came in the mail today...

1/72 Anigrand C-17 Globemaster III Resin kit that I'm going to chop up and convert into another Bus... a Monster Bus.  :drink:

It's so big!! heh.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

To paint that you'll need an automotive spray gun rather than an airbrush.
Fred