marvel sheild C-17x "The Bus"

Started by lenny100, October 13, 2013, 12:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny100

like does not go far enough true work of art on the way
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Teddz

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 18, 2014, 03:10:21 PM
Blimey, that's a tour de force and no mistake!  :o :thumbsup: :bow:

Thanks...  :cheers:

Once this one is done, I'm going to start on a 1/72 resin version of this using the Anigrand C-17 kit. Plans are, since it's large enough, to make some of the control surfaces move and even possibly the engines too, the Lab, Lola and Coulson's office will be viewable through the skylight. If all goes well with that one, I'll offer up a couple of kits with possible expansion sets for the moving surfaces, engines and whatnot.

Thanks Lenny  :cheers:
Maybe you can start building another one...

Spey_Phantom

S.H.I.E.L.D Director Coulson Aproves  :thumbsup:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Teddz

the engines are 'done'... In total, each of the 6 engines received an addition 21 bits of styrene to make them 'look the part'. 126 additional pieces in all.

started with 1.5 x 2.5 mm styrene strip and set up a jig from scrap wood, vice on a ball joint holding my dremel to get the angle right. then cut them to 13mm bits and used a jewelers hand vice and file to sand them down to shape. Used a black marker to tell how much material was being removed... much easier than the all-white.

All six line up with some primer... still some sanding, filling, scribing, rinse & repeat left to do, but the hard part is over.

Captain Canada

:thumbsup:

Wow.....is she ever coming together now ! Looks awesome....and huge !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Teddz

Some work on the parts of the Touch Sensitive on switch that's on the base...
I used a leftover piece of Billet T4 Aluminum.

Put it on the milling machine to cut out the notches... Ended up breaking a drill bit and had to take it down quite a bit more, but still had enough material to make it all work.

Here's the teaser of what it'll look like with the logo in the mix. I'm keeping it a brushed aluminum finish. Tomorrow I'll be drilling and tapping the holes for the screws and also be picking up some 4mm plate T4 aluminum to cut out the logo pieces and start getting the electronics and PCB worked out to fit nicely inside that cup.

Captain Canada

You're really showing off now....working in aluminium ?! Right on !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

dumaniac

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Teddz on October 05, 2014, 05:55:49 PM

I used a leftover piece of Billet T4 Aluminum.

Yes, I'm always wondering what do with all my leftover pieces of Billet T4 Aluminum.  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Teddz

hahahaha you guys are too much... I assure you, I'm not showing off... much... I just have a tendency to overbuild things.

I've had that piece of aluminum for at least 8 years. Some years ago I started making gauge cluster rings for the 1989-1999 Nissan Fairlady 300zx and used T4 Billets to make them. I made & sold 750 sets (4 rings per set) before stopping the run and going into the Greek army. I've also made other parts for the same car, since I own one (a 93 Twin Turbo) and made the parts for myself first. I just found others who were willing to pay me to make them parts too.  ;D

Wait until this switch is done... it's going to be bananas.

**update** the logo bits are done...

here it is laid out on the 4mm plate aluminum

das logo!

Now the bits need a bevel and the brushed finish has to go in the same direction.

zenrat

Mad skills Teddz.  I've got a small lathe but i'd love a milling machine to go with it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

That is truly AWESOME work there Teddz!  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Diamondback

Beautiful, Teddz.

If I may offer a suggestion: it might look better to have the brushing on the "eagle wing feathers" go down the long axis of those pieces... just a thought, it might work or might not--and I know metal prices ain't cheap right now, so go with your own gut. :)