Micro-Mir

Started by Weaver, October 15, 2013, 12:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on October 25, 2019, 04:08:09 AM

Shelf-Oddity do a replacement set:  https://shelfoddity.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_65&product_id=171

Shelf Oddity do a MIND blowing PE set for the Bev, complete with loading ramps at the rear and all sorts of other good stuff.

And remember it's 1/144!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 01, 2020, 05:03:52 PM
The Kalinin K-7 is apparently out, but prices are high.  I suspect it's the launch of their "Grounds for Divorce" range...

£299.99 at the Big H https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MM72-015?result-token=9EQld

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 05, 2020, 06:05:40 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 01, 2020, 05:03:52 PM
The Kalinin K-7 is apparently out, but prices are high.  I suspect it's the launch of their "Grounds for Divorce" range...

£299.99 at the Big H https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MM72-015?result-token=9EQld

Oh, the possibilities...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Needs longer wings really..............  ;D

And they can't REALLY have that in a box that proclaims 'MIKRO-Mir' surely? Micro it certainly isn't!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

At that price, the advice regarding sex, travel and their mothers is firmly, loudly and insistently offered.

The price is to justify the 3 ft fibreglass wing.  No, sorry, and the Mikro Mir guys can insert it somewhere very painful.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Martin H

I had the K7 on back order untill I found out how much the asking price was going to be.  :unsure:

I dunno about grounds for divorce, certainly grounds for a stiff talking to from the bank manager..................
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

chrisonord

Just seen a picture of the  box for a future release  . Armstrong whitworth A.W .52. I  think I will have to have one of these. Depending on how  big it is, I  am wondering if a bomb bay  could  be put into  it. Hopefully we won't have to  wait too long for it to come out.  :thumbsup:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Oh wow! That'll be a MUST!  :thumbsup:

And SO much Whiffing potential too! How about one with a Blue Steel hung underneath?

Of course I saw the real thing fly at Farnborough, it was like being part of a sci-fi movie!

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

AW52 as a long-range photo recce aircraft?  Just needs some camera ports.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

chrisonord

Marvellous  ideas, looking like  more than one will be bought  then  ;D
Are the physically  a big aircraft  Kit, I  am just  trying envisage a  bomb bay on one or would it have them hung  underneath
Chris

PR19_Kit

It'll be 15" span in 1/72, the real thing was 90 ft span.

And you could scale-o-rama one into a 1/144 version of the planned bomber too!  :o

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Hmm?
I think I am  best waiting for the kit to come out and  weigh it up  for myself really, there is  a lot of surface area on the fuselage  so maybe a  small  bomb bay  or recesses to accommodate one or two freefall nuclear  weapons.  I  have the freightdog  Buccaneer  ted red beard conversion set  that might fit the bill.
Chris

NARSES2

I built a resin AW 52 a few years ago (indeed it won a Wiffie  ;)) and it's an attractive looking aircraft. Not much to it though, like most flying wings, unless you want to go down the "parts for parts sake" path so it will be  interesting to see what Micro-Mir do with it and what they charge for it.

The main problem with the resin one was it's weight, lot of strain on the undercarriage so I might be tempted by a second one if the price is right.

"Edit"

Having seen the 3D "renders" it appears that Micro-Mir are going to offer full engine detail ? Push both the parts count and price up I would have thought.

Nick

Reading from Wikipedia, the AW52 was only a half scale version. The planned airliner / bomber version was to be twice the size. Sounds like it's ideal for a Scale-o-rama build with a smaller canopy and roundels.