Micro-Mir

Started by Weaver, October 15, 2013, 12:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

Dizzyfugu

Micro-Mir has an 1:72 XB-51 in the pipeline fpr 2023 (ETA uncertain)!

NARSES2

Interesting  :thumbsup:

The Anigrand one stares at me every time I go near the stash  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 28, 2023, 05:19:03 AMMicro-Mir has an 1:72 XB-51 in the pipeline fpr 2023 (ETA uncertain)!

Just as well I built my Anigrand 51 a few years back......
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

Oh YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!  :thumbsup:

If ever an aircraft was designed for Whiffing...............

Oddly I just mentioned it in the CF-100 thread too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 28, 2023, 06:58:09 AMOh YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!  :thumbsup:

If ever an aircraft was designed for Whiffing...............

Oddly I just mentioned it in the CF-100 thread too.
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 28, 2023, 08:06:25 AMA sign...!  :angel:

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Dizzyfugu

However, I assume that it will be ...costly, Will certainly cost a kidney or another body donor - must not be yours, though.  ;)

Beermonster58

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 28, 2023, 08:22:45 AMHowever, I assume that it will be ...costly, Will certainly cost a kidney or another body donor - must not be yours, though.  ;)
Provisional price of 43.59 Euros (£38.21) at Aviation Megastore.
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

Gondor

Quote from: Beermonster58 on February 28, 2023, 09:12:45 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 28, 2023, 08:22:45 AMHowever, I assume that it will be ...costly, Will certainly cost a kidney or another body donor - must not be yours, though.  ;)

That's not too bad, could be a lot worse

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Beermonster58

Quote from: Gondor on February 28, 2023, 09:31:57 AM

Gondor
Still a bit on the high side for my very limited budget but, you're right. It could be a lot worse! I'm already thinking I'll need at least three! ;D

NARSES2

Gondor

So £45/50 UK retail price ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Beermonster58

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 01, 2023, 06:01:42 AM
I

Gondor

So £45/50 UK retail price ?
And the rest! Might still be cheaper importing, even allowing for postage. Guess we will find out soon enough.

NARSES2

Quote from: Beermonster58 on March 01, 2023, 07:54:37 AMAnd the rest! Might still be cheaper importing, even allowing for postage. Guess we will find out soon enough.

I've not tried importing direct since Brexit because of possible "fun" with HMC ? I assume whether they decide to get involved or not is in the lap of the gods ?

Beermonster58

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 02, 2023, 12:15:56 AM
Quote from: Beermonster58 on March 01, 2023, 07:54:37 AMAnd the rest! Might still be cheaper importing, even allowing for postage. Guess we will find out soon enough.

I've not tried importing direct since Brexit because of possible "fun" with HMC ? I assume whether they decide to get involved or not is in the lap of the gods ?
I've never had any issues at all with HMRC but, that was when we were in the EU. However, as you imply, Brexit may very well have put paid to the ease of importing from Europe. Certainly, the cost of postage (often cheaper than postage within the UK )has skyrocketed since. I've found that kit prices on the continent are often lower than the UK but, the cost of postage can be a killer.

I've never had any issues with HMRC either when importing goods from across the pond or, the Far East.  However, I stopped buying from the USA/Canada a long time ago anyway because of the utterly ludicrous postage - often costing more than the purchased item. Getting back to the kit, I'll wait and see what the actual prices are. There's usually a lot of variation  between retailers.