Micro-Mir

Started by Weaver, October 15, 2013, 12:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I have had issues with HMRC overstepping their remit on a couple of occasions. The second time I wrote to my MP and they backed off.

As my old boss used to say 'Don't mess with Spackman'.  :wacko:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Beermonster58

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 02, 2023, 06:30:57 AMI have had issues with HMRC overstepping their remit on a couple of occasions. The second time I wrote to my MP and they backed off.

You DARE to question my  former employer????? Fie! Ye shall be consigned to the Tower to face torture most horrible! ;)  ;D
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Beermonster58 on March 08, 2023, 03:23:38 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 02, 2023, 06:30:57 AMI have had issues with HMRC overstepping their remit on a couple of occasions. The second time I wrote to my MP and they backed off.

You DARE to question my  former employer????? Fie! Ye shall be consigned to the Tower to face torture most horrible! ;)  ;D

Others have suggested that before too. Notably TSR2 and Lancaster fans after viewing my 'Time Warp TSR2' here :-

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=37459.0

Oh yes, and the CIA too.............  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Beermonster58

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 08, 2023, 05:21:45 AM
Quote from: Beermonster58 on March 08, 2023, 03:23:38 AM

Others have suggested that before too. Notably TSR2 and Lancaster fans after viewing my 'Time Warp TSR2' here :-

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=37459.0

Oh yes, and the CIA too.............  ;)
;D  :thumbsup:  Love the TSR.2Caster! (or is that a LanTSR.2?)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Beermonster58 on March 22, 2023, 02:14:53 AM;D  :thumbsup:  Love the TSR.2Caster! (or is that a LanTSR.2?)

Great, thanks so much.  ;D

I had hoped to have it on show at Hinckley next weekend but the nose leg snapped off as I was packing it today. Yet another candidate for the Repair Shelf.  :(

Regards
Kit

Beermonster58

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 22, 2023, 10:00:05 AM
Quote from: Beermonster58 on March 22, 2023, 02:14:53 AM;D  :thumbsup:  Love the TSR.2Caster! (or is that a LanTSR.2?)

Great, thanks so much.  ;D

I had hoped to have it on show at Hinckley next weekend but the nose leg snapped off as I was packing it today. Yet another candidate for the Repair Shelf.  :(
You're welcome. Sorry to hear about the accident with the model. I (almost) wish Airfix would reissue the 1/72 TSR.2 even though it was a total pig of a kit to build. I accept that a brand new kit with a variety of squadron markings and, whole sh*t load of things that go bang isn't a realistic possibility. :-\

PR19_Kit

As luck would have it I have about four of them in The Loft, two RW versions and two of the Whiffed Japanese booster rocket ones too, so a repair is on the cards for sure.

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 23, 2023, 05:27:36 AMAs luck would have it I have about four of them in The Loft, two RW versions and two of the Whiffed Japanese booster rocket ones too, so a repair is on the cards for sure.

You could pin it depending on the damage of course. I believe that there was/is a set of white metal undercarriage available, so any undercarriage you take from one model can always be replaced or built with the undercarriage up!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

The main gear on the 1/72 TSR2 NEEDS pinning anyway! See my original build thread for how I did it back then.

It's just not moulded, or engineer strong enough when built OOB, but the nose gear is almost OK. I have the Freightdog extended gear leg in stock somewhere and I might use that.

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 23, 2023, 05:27:36 AMAs luck would have it I have about four of them in The Loft, two RW versions and two of the Whiffed Japanese booster rocket ones too, so a repair is on the cards for sure.

Stratos 4.  If you want an Airfix 1/72 TSR2 its the one to look for because it contains all the original parts as well as the original decals, and you get bits for the parts boxes.  And, it's often cheaper because people don't seem to know that.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Ah, thanks for that, I couldn't remember the name on the box.  :thumbsup:

I was astonished that you could build a RW TSR2 from the kit as well, and a couple of mates have persuaded me to part with the boosters etc. for other projects, not that I planned to use them anyway.

The 'blank' canopy for the Stratos 4 version could come in handy as a mould master for a trainer TSR2 as well.

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 24, 2023, 06:32:43 AMAh, thanks for that, I couldn't remember the name on the box.  :thumbsup:

I was astonished that you could build a RW TSR2 from the kit as well, and a couple of mates have persuaded me to part with the boosters etc. for other projects, not that I planned to use them anyway.

The 'blank' canopy for the Stratos 4 version could come in handy as a mould master for a trainer TSR2 as well.

Have a word with JayBee as he did some trainer canopies for various sig members.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

Quote from: Mossie on August 05, 2021, 12:54:12 AMNikitin PSN-2.  Funky little torpedo bomber, however I'm thinking those finned floats look like something Savoia S-21ish.

SNCASO Dever.  Saved the most spectacular for last. :thumbsup:  French tail sitter paper project, follow on to the Trident project.

The PSN-2 and the Dever are both on sale at Hannants at the moment.

PSN-2, for £14.41: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MM72-021?result-token=z2jV4

Dever for £19.99: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MM72-020?result-token=z2jV4
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Beermonster58

Quote from: Weaver on March 26, 2023, 09:42:03 PM
Quote from: Mossie on August 05, 2021, 12:54:12 AMNikitin PSN-2.  Funky little torpedo bomber, however I'm thinking those finned floats look like something Savoia S-21ish.

SNCASO Dever.  Saved the most spectacular for last. :thumbsup:  French tail sitter paper project, follow on to the Trident project.

I do love  the way Mikro Mir tackle such out of the box subjects. I'd have bought their Kalinin K-7 in a heartbeat had it not been for the price. I had visions of one in Spanish Civil War Republican markings!

The PSN-2 and the Dever are both on sale at Hannants at the moment.

PSN-2, for £14.41: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MM72-021?result-token=z2jV4

Dever for £19.99: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MM72-020?result-token=z2jV4

Weaver

Well, here's Mikro-Mir keeeping well up with current events...

Currently on the future release list at Hannants: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MM35-028?result-token=MLN5t

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones