Micro-Mir

Started by Weaver, October 15, 2013, 12:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

I read an article about these drones. A little improvement on the control system and I think it could really make life hard for the Russian navy.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

scooter

Just saw in the new Squadron news letter, Micro Mir has a new mold Junkers F-13 coming out sometime this year.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kerick

Quote from: Weaver on April 29, 2023, 02:52:45 AMWell, here's Mikro-Mir keeeping well up with current events...

Currently on the future release list at Hannants: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MM35-028?result-token=MLN5t

This is tempting.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

frank2056

I got the Ukrainian drone recently. It's a simple and small model, with some PE. The color scheme is pretty simple...

Old Wombat

Quote from: frank2056 on October 16, 2023, 09:11:51 PMI got the Ukrainian drone recently. It's a simple and small model, with some PE. The color scheme is pretty simple...

That can be changed very easily! :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Saw a post of Facebook recently saying that Micro-Mir were going to do a 1/72 Ju 388. Hope it's cheaper than the Kora ones.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Beermonster58

Quote from: Gondor on November 17, 2023, 02:25:30 AMSaw a post of Facebook recently saying that Micro-Mir were going to do a 1/72 Ju 388. Hope it's cheaper than the Kora ones.

Gondor
Now, THAT is a pleasant surprise  :thumbsup:
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

The Wooksta!

They're working on a Ju 388K/L but I doubt we'll see it before 2026 and it will be pricey.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Mossie

1/35 John Cobb's Crusader K6.

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.
You cannot view this attachment.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

1/35? That's on the big side, almost big enough for radio and a motor etc..............

Bluebird K7 next?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Someone on Britmodeller has slated the renders for their Ju 388, something about the nacelles.

There's a Spanish outfit called Mulberry Scale kits doing various 3d printed conversions and they have a 388 conversion in the works (to go with the Revell Ju 88), but their stuff is very pricey (their Casa 2.111 is geared to go with the Airfix He 111 and is more expensive than the RRP of that kit!) and it isn't that easy to get either.

The Kora kits are at least relatively accurate - the K/L-3 I have looks about right.  The Airmodel conversions are still available, but only the L-O is anywhere close to correct.  The Toad conversions are long gone and any on the second hand market are very pricey (wockney canker conman Uncle Albert of Kit Krazy had a pair at Telford had a pair at 30 notes each) and they will suffer from yellowing canopies.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Mossie

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 21, 2023, 02:07:24 PMBluebird K7 next?

I definitely hope so.  :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 21, 2023, 02:07:24 PM1/35? That's on the big side, almost big enough for radio and a motor etc..............
About 27cm or 101/2 inches.

kerick

Quote from: Mossie on November 21, 2023, 12:30:37 PM1/35 John Cobb's Crusader K6.

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

This needs to be painted black with a torpedo or missile on board. Or remote control with a fuse sticking out the front.
Tophe the Wise