Micro-Mir

Started by Weaver, October 15, 2013, 12:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Muzzle loading?

Ah yes, you could pull them back inside the hold to load them. Will you have drop down hatches to cover the gun ports when it's mot in 'fighting mode'?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Micro-Mir continue pushing the boat out into strange waters:

Micro-Mir
Aircraft kits (injection)
MM48-011 1:48 Yakovlev Yak-18  £21.99  £18.33
http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MM48-011

Micro-Mir
MM72-006 1:72 Moskalev SAM-13  £11.40  £9.50
http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MM72-006

Micro-Mir
Ship kits, full hull (injection)
MM350-20 1:350 HMS Meteorite submarine  £11.99  £9.99
http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MM350-20

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Hobbes

HMS Meteorite? Now that's an unusual subject. (German Type XVIIB sub powered by HTP driving a Walter steam turbine, scuttled at the end of the war, then salvaged, repaired and used by the RN for trials)

PR19_Kit

Wasn't the Meteorite the predecessor of the Excalibur and Explorer?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

Yes. AKA Exploder and Excruciator  ;D

KiwiZac

Quote from: Weaver on June 07, 2015, 05:57:33 AM
MM48-011 1:48 Yakovlev Yak-18  £21.99  £18.33
http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MM48-011

Trumpeter do (did?) a 1/32 Max, so it's cool to see one a size smaller. I've not built Mikro-Mir, although one or two of the aircraft kits are on my List.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Green Dragon

1/144th Beverly is taking a bit more time as they've decided to add interior details!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Green Dragon

Here is Mikro Mir's Beverly thread (page 3) on Britmodeller including test shot pics and CAD image of the new interior. http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234973041-blackburn-beverley-1144/page-3

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Mossie

Good news! :party:  I'm quite excited about the Beverley, I didn't think we'd ever see an injection kit.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

That's looking VERY promising.

They must have sent a delegation to Paull to get the interior detail sorted, which means it'll be OK to saw the rear doors off and mount them open. Or leave them off altogether, so long as we can scratch up a pair of the small wind deflectors on the top edge of the door opening.

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Latest pics on the Britmodeller thread show the clamshell doors as seperate parts.  Due date in three weeks, before the end of August. :party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

That's so cool...I can see a nice Falklands dio supplying Harriers

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on August 06, 2015, 08:19:24 AM
That's so cool...I can see a nice Falklands dio supplying Harriers

:thumbsup:

With BEVERLEYS?  :o

Need a bit of a time warp there I reckon..........

Regards
Kit

JayBee

As an ATC cadet I remember an annual camp at West Raynham where I watched a Beverley take off, then turn downwind and then "fly across the sky". That phrase has never before or since meant so much about the slow sedateness of flight.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

When 47 Sqdn re-equipped with Bevs at RAF Abingdon in the 50s, they were a far cry from the Hastings that they'd previously flown. The general opinion around the camp was that the Bevs were 'Blocks of Flats with wings' and that they were SO ugly that the Earth repelled them rather than the wings generating enough lift to get them airborne.  ;D :lol:

Regards
Kit