Micro-Mir

Started by Weaver, October 15, 2013, 12:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 27, 2020, 02:39:18 AM

The only vehicle that might have been capable of breaking the World Air Speed Record and the World Water Speed Record AT THE SAME TIME!  ;D

[Later] For the first time in my life I put a kit on backorder at the Big H...  ;D

And given the wing cooling system you could probably cook breakfast at the same time  ;)

Got it on pre-order as it's a stunner
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Having read a little bit about the Piaggio Pegna P.C.7, do you want to go for a first in the annals of whiffery and produce a model that exudes the smell of burnt-out clutch?  I understand that the transition from hydro to aero propeller was an interesting (and potentially bowel-loosening)  experience  for the pilot.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

chrisonord

Just  seen some pictures of  a 1/72nd scale  Fokker G1 , don't know anything else about it, but I am sure someone else will know a bit more.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Imagine if Tophe had got hold of a Beaufighter? That's a Fokker G1.  ;D

Both Rareplanes and MPM did kits of the G1 a while back, I even had the Rareplanes one and it was as good as you'd imagine, but at the time it wasn't my thing, so one of my fellow clubmates built it. Stock of course, not Whiffed.............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

I've got the MPM one in the stash and to show its age it's in a black and white box  ;D It will get built one day  ;)

I think Micro-Mir plan to do a boxing of the planned recce version as well as the heavy fighter ?

Dutch pre-WWII types are a very interesting field of interest  :thumbsup: Lots of different, unusual types built in relatively small numbers.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I LOVE the DXIII, the smaller twin boom fighter prototype, with a push you-pull me engine installation.  :wub:

I've built a couple of them in my time, and someone on here (OGL?) did a twin Merlin powered one.

That's GOT to have been a real goer!  :thumbsup: ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

If they scaled up their Beverley to 1/72, and showed mach 2 how to do an Argosy in the same scale, I  would have to move to a bigger house and have one of each :wacko:
Chris

PR19_Kit

Heavens yes, I'd have at least two Bevs.  :wub:

If I could raise the World Bank loan, that is.....

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Apparently the  A.W 52 has been  released, and the decals on it are 3D. I  wonder when  we will get them over here.

PR19_Kit

3D decals? How does that work then?

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 10, 2020, 06:33:28 AM
Not a clue, unless its for the dashboard/ control panels.

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 10, 2020, 06:33:28 AM

Judging by the pics I've seen they're 2D with 3D effect shadowing.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Mossie

I believe they're 3D printed onto decal paper, so you get a raised effect similar to photoetch.  There's a few companies that do them as aftermarket, such as Kits World.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Freightdog862

Quote from: Mossie on December 10, 2020, 07:34:35 AM
I believe they're 3D printed onto decal paper, so you get a raised effect similar to photoetch.  There's a few companies that do them as aftermarket, such as Kits World.

They are made by Witchcraft I tell you! Or 3D printing, its the same to me. I think they are the first mainstream kt to include them, quite forward thinking of them.

Colin

PR19_Kit

But what advantage do 3D decals have over normal ones?  :-\

AFAIK RAF roundels, for instance, have always been painted flat on the wings.

Regards
Kit