"Massive cuts take toll on police forces"

Started by Mike Wren, October 16, 2013, 08:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

Apart from the motorbikes that the DPG use the new vehicles being delivered are still red but have the battenburg blue/dayglo yellow along the side in common with other Met vehicles. I also understand the Met went from white vehicles to silver for re-sale value...... As the white fleet didn't re sell very well....although I have no figures/evidence to back this up....other than the Met uses silver vehicles now....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Father Ennis

Thanks for the info for the "foreigner" .  Over here the cost of the multi colored police cars has caused the change to solid color ones in many places. Oklahoma is one of a dwindleing few states with multi colored cars. Although,they do have some which are solid colors,  (just to keep us on our toes !!!). 

Mike Wren

Quote from: Army of One on October 24, 2013, 06:02:06 AM
I also understand the Met went from white vehicles to silver for re-sale value...... As the white fleet didn't re sell very well....although I have no figures/evidence to back this up....other than the Met uses silver vehicles now....

although the recent fashion for white cars, and therefore resale price, means many forces are going back to white, so it comes full circle...