B-52 replacement

Started by kerick, October 23, 2013, 07:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perttime

Will there be a crew on it?
Why?

kerick

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 26, 2013, 11:04:24 AM
I guess it would be one of those blended wing things that Boeing was/ is looking at.

But I like the Lancaster idea !

That does sound interesting! (The Boeing concept) I believe I saw a kit of that once. Might have been resin.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

pyro-manic

Is the "2018 bomber" project still running, or did it get quietly cancelled? Haven't heard much about it in the last year or two. That would make sense as the most logical Buff replacement, though I doubt it'll have a payload as large.

I did have a rather evil idea a little while back about a new "bomber" type for the RAF. Take an A330 "Voyager" tanker, and use the outer engine mounting points (the A330 shares a wing with the four-engined A340) to add a pair of either large weapons pods (that hold a bundle of LGBs or ALARMs) or pylons for Storm Shadow cruise missiles..... :wacko:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

PR19_Kit

Quote from: pyro-manic on October 26, 2013, 03:10:13 PM
I did have a rather evil idea a little while back about a new "bomber" type for the RAF. Take an A330 "Voyager" tanker, and use the outer engine mounting points (the A330 shares a wing with the four-engined A340) to add a pair of either large weapons pods (that hold a bundle of LGBs or ALARMs) or pylons for Storm Shadow cruise missiles..... :wacko:

Like a sort of jet Wellesley then?  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

James

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 26, 2013, 11:04:24 AM
I guess it would be one of those blended wing things that Boeing was/ is looking at.

But I like the Lancaster idea !

I was thinking B-36!  :wacko:

scooter

Quote from: perttime on October 26, 2013, 11:14:54 AM
Will there be a crew on it?
Why?

Because drones can be hacked, their satellite datalinks are vulnerable to sophisticated jamming, solar weather, anti-satellite weapons systems; and AIs are nowhere near being developed with sophisticated decision making capabilities that a manned crew are capable of
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng