BAC Eagle - Fighter Version

Started by Chris Payne, October 26, 2013, 03:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 29, 2013, 09:27:53 AM
So much aircraft for so little ordnance...  ;)

I've often had the same thought about British aircraft projects of the period myself. Nice build  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Geoff

Chris Payne

Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

kitnut617

Very nice,   :thumbsup:

I've got a load of Red Deans from Colin a while ago, the project I had them planned for didn't pan out the way I thought it would so the missiles will have to go somewhere else, like something along these lines ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

darthspud

Why not  go exotic?

I'm using the various Hasegawa sets of US / NATO ordnance, some Russian ordnance sets and JASDF/Israeli ones too. Just whiffing the markings to suit.
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

albeback

My thoughts exactly. I know the prototypes were configured for a max load of 10,000lbs but, even that seems not much for such a big, powerful aeroplane. However, (and I hope somebody can confirm/correct me here) I'm sure I read somewhere that the operational TSR 2 would have been cleared for a load of 25 - 30,000lbs?

Allan

ps - nice job though.
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

darthspud

GOR 339
States
Operational Equipment
17. The aircraft is to be capable of carrying the bomb specified in 0R.1127.
As an alternative secondary role,it is desirable that the aircraft  carry l load of 4x1000lb bombs and a minimum 6x1000lb in an overload case.
So at a rough guess that'd be in the region of 10,000lb including primary strike weapon.
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

Hobbes

25-30klbs seems rather a lot on such a small wing. I don't think it'd have enough lift for that.

eatthis

Quote from: Hobbes on November 02, 2013, 05:34:25 AM
25-30klbs seems rather a lot on such a small wing. I don't think it'd have enough lift for that.

it used heavy surface blowing like the bucaneer and starfighter but more.
i think it was supposed to be able to take off at around 100k lb in 1000 feet!! (my memory is crap though so im not 100%)
custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

darthspud

Quote from: Hobbes on November 02, 2013, 05:34:25 AM
A lot for the wings, but you could get extra carriage using under fuselage pylons or maybe pylons mounted near the intakes?

Hobbes

Darthspud, it's not about the wing being strong enough, but about the aircraft not having enough aerodynamic lift to get airborne with that load.

darthspud

6,000lbs under wing should give a reasonable secondary load, and keep aerodynamic efficiency to an acceptable level.

alternatively,
why not semi-recess them in a slightly modified pannier under the fuselage, a bit like the F-14 had with those AIM54's or the Eurofighter can do with several weapon types?