Nick's Notes

Started by Nick, November 03, 2013, 05:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 24, 2023, 05:24:27 AM
Quote from: Nick on December 23, 2023, 12:02:28 PMan Air Fryer Cooking magazine.
I'm sure she will appreciate her new can opener  :wacko:

An air fryer magazine ??  :o  Mind you if I was gifted an air fryer I wouldn't have the faintest idea how to use it...so ?  ;)

As for a can opener ? I haven't seen a can without a ring-pull in eons. Mind you there might be one somewhere in the darker recesses of the cupboards  ;D

There's a few things in tins without rings. Mainly cheap tinned veg and some brands of soup. It's a bit like a corkscrew, you never think that you'll need one until the day comes that you do.

Mum had a battery powered tin opener but that gave up the ghost 1/4 of the way round a tin of beans and was an absolute sod to remove from the can. It needed power to release the blade from the can but you couldn't replace the battery without removing the gadget from the can...

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on December 24, 2023, 05:37:08 AMIt's a bit like a corkscrew, you never think that you'll need one until the day comes that you do.

That is so true  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Boxing Day Breakfast

Pigs in blankets
Sausage Meat
Turkey
Cold Roast Potato
Cranberry Sauce
Bread Sauce

Basically what we didn't eat last night!

Now I need to go shopping for more bread.

scooter

Quote from: Nick on December 26, 2023, 03:00:43 AMBoxing Day Breakfast

Pigs in blankets
Sausage Meat
Turkey
Cold Roast Potato
Cranberry Sauce
Bread Sauce

Typical post-holiday breakfast.  Been there, done that. :thumbsup:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on December 26, 2023, 03:00:43 AMBoxing Day Breakfast

Pigs in blankets
Sausage Meat
Turkey
Cold Roast Potato
Cranberry Sauce
Bread Sauce

Mine was Cornflakes  ;D

Mind you lunch was a selection of Spanish cold meats, Italian cheeses, French pate and good old Jacob's Cornish Crackers  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Versendet! The parcel has been sent!   Now will it arrive this year or next?  :lol:

I am suffering slightly from an excess of food over the last 4 days. I shall have to visit the gym this week and several times in January.

We now have an Air Fryer and Mum will insist on using it tonight. I set up her new Kindle on Christmas Day and sometime soon I have to set up the blasted Amazon Echo Dot my sister thought was a good idea.

scooter

Quote from: Nick on December 27, 2023, 10:16:10 AMsometime soon I have to set up the blasted Amazon Echo Dot my sister thought was a good idea.

"Hey wiretap!"
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

Captain Canada

You guys are making me hungry. Good thing I'm sitting with a plate full of white pudding, hash browns and eggs !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on December 27, 2023, 10:16:10 AMI shall have to visit the gym this week and several times in January.

Visiting the gym is one thing, partaking of exercise is another  ;)   Say's he who has his bi-annual BP test this morning   :rolleyes:

kitbasher

Brisk daily walks - cheaper than the gym!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Rheged

Quote from: kitbasher on December 28, 2023, 12:26:41 AMBrisk daily walks - cheaper than the gym!

Buy your entire winter supply of wood in one go  and stack all 2 tons of it in the shed......bending and  stretching exercises .  Then visit the grand children and try to keep up with them.   And then  collect an elderly lady and push her wheelchair to the cathedral every Sunday.  It's cheaper than the gym too.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Pellson

Ah. Firewood. The only thing that'll warm you up to six times, namely when cutting, transporting, splitting, stacking, carrying in and burning.

Yes, I have experience of all of these.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

scooter

Quote from: Pellson on December 28, 2023, 06:16:27 AMAh. Firewood. The only thing that'll warm you up to six times, namely when cutting, transporting, splitting, stacking, carrying in and burning.

Yes, I have experience of all of these.

Seven - cleaning and dumping the ash
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on December 28, 2023, 12:26:41 AMBrisk daily walks - cheaper than the gym!

Try doing that on my knees  :banghead:

Nick

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 28, 2023, 07:46:26 AM

Try doing that on my knees  :banghead:

Most people use their feet to walk  ;)  :angel: