Nick's Notes

Started by Nick, November 03, 2013, 05:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on November 19, 2014, 12:51:34 AM
I really should get round to putting up pics of the finished SST for those who didn't see it at Telford.... one day!

My pic of them are on the Telford thread mate
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

So they are Chris! Thanks for that!  :thumbsup:

Nick

This week I has mostly been wallpapering the living room. I have no desire to do it again.  :angry:
I'd rather be fiddling with a Unicraft or Starfix kit for all the sticky glue and time consuming frustration it has caused....

zenrat

I haven't hung wallpaper for about 20 years.

I still shudder at the thought...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Nick

I've had a near miss with my stash.....  :-\  ;D

Mum is going away this weekend to a Warner Hotel hosting a Queen tribute band  :rolleyes: so I had to get her suitcase out of the loft. To get to the suitcases I had to move the two big boxes that hold my stash. In doing this I realised my hand was wet where I'd leant on the carpet at the edge. After some investigation it is now obvious that the newly installed flue for the central heating is the source, the rainwater must be trickling down the outside of the pipe. As it's been pouring down lately it's rather damp up there and probably has been for the last couple of months.

If those boxes had been just a 1/72 Spitfire wingspan* further over I'd now have a lot of soggy kits but as it is it's only soaked a box holding an airbed so no real damage. I shall be talking to the Council in the morning for a repair callout!

* A special measurement for modellers, similar to the British media's love of double decker buses and Olympic sized pools!  ;)

Captain Canada

lol I'll have to use that unit of measure myself ! Sorry to hear about the problem but glad the stash survived ! Hope Mum has a good trip !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Nick on January 15, 2015, 12:11:37 PM
If those boxes had been just a 1/72 Spitfire wingspan* ......

<snip>

* A special measurement for modellers, similar to the British media's love of double decker buses and Olympic sized pools!  ;)

They used to use 'the length of a football pitch' a lot, but that seems to be out of favour these days. Good thing too as I never did understand what it meant, never having been to a football match in my life.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 16, 2015, 03:03:15 AM

<snip>

They used to use 'the length of a football pitch' a lot, but that seems to be out of favour these days. Good thing too as I never did understand what it meant, never having been to a football match in my life.  ;D

Ah but football pitches vary in size. There is a minimum length and width for League pitches but then there's a max and any size in between is ok. So not accurate but I suppose most people knew what they meant. Simpler days  :thumbsup: ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 16, 2015, 07:16:28 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 16, 2015, 03:03:15 AM

<snip>

Ah but football pitches vary in size. There is a minimum length and width for League pitches but then there's a max and any size in between is ok. So not accurate but I suppose most people knew what they meant. Simpler days  :thumbsup: ;D

Just goes to show how much I know about football.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Whose 1/72 Spitfire span are we using, and which mark?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Nick

I really must sort out the stash. At the moment it's in 2 large boxes in the loft, a small cupboard above the wardrobe, the bottom of the wardrobe, on top of the bookshelf, in boxes and bags on the bedroom floor, underneath and all over the worktable. I can't find anything and that's after I had a serious clearout last year, I can't be sure what's in the stash anymore either  :banghead:

Maybe this year I'll get something finished....  :rolleyes:  Lots of part-built kits all over the place making a mess.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Nick on February 20, 2015, 01:13:41 AM
I really must sort out the stash. At the moment it's in 2 large boxes in the loft, a small cupboard above the wardrobe, the bottom of the wardrobe, on top of the bookshelf, in boxes and bags on the bedroom floor, underneath and all over the worktable. I can't find anything and that's after I had a serious clearout last year, I can't be sure what's in the stash anymore either  :banghead:

Welcome to my World.  ;D

Except mine is probably a whole order worse, at one stage the shower cubicle was doing double duty as a temporary holding area for kits en route to and from the Model Room.  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

Nick

Well, I had a good tidy up yesterday. Got all the kits in my room laid out on the bed, finding several long-forgotten ones in the process, and made some decisions.

All the untouched kits are now out of sight. Smaller ones in the cupboard, with the Airfix kits at the front so I can get them easier for the Telford mini-theme. To my surprise I have 7 Gnats in there! Maybe they're breeding?  ;)
The big kits are going into the 'Large Reserve' in the loft but well away from the leaky roof. While up there I emptied at least 6 pints of water from the bucket and that was just from Friday night to Monday morning  :angry:  Good thing the repair guy is due on Thursday.

All the started kits are out in the open, either on the table or on top of the bookshelf. This means I now know what needs working on first and gives me a chance to match up all the spare parts on the table with their potential models.
I will have to come up with a method for keeping each build separate as I now have at least 10 in-progress models waiting.  :blink:

Tomcats 1/144 and 1/72, Tornado 1/144, Hurricane 1/144, Gnat, Alpha Jet, Landrover Ambulance, Eurofighter, A-7 Corsair, EAP, KA-34 Hokum, EE Lightning, BI-2 Soviet jet....... the list goes on!

Captain Canada

Feels god to organize eh ? Or de-clutter as the new phrase goes. Sounds like an interesting and diversified list, lots of fasties in there !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Nick

Little bit of a panic last night when I couldn't find the Shackleton kit that I knew I'd got last year.  :o
Just been up the loft in readiness for the roof repair guy and looked in a large box marked Kitchen, which is odd considering we've never moved house or the kitchen  :unsure:
In that box was not only the Shack but 8 other kits I'd forgotten  :rolleyes:  They are now in the stash proper.  :thumbsup:

Bonus find! A box large enough for those Revell SST models that are just too big for the regular show bag. Looks just the right size for all 4 of the SSTs when I get round to doing the other set that was found for me last year. Will need to find some poly packing for the base or create some kind of card holders for the planes.