Nick's Notes

Started by Nick, November 03, 2013, 05:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 06, 2021, 06:05:43 AM
Come out well Nick. :thumbsup:

It's older than you isn't it ?  ;)

Most things modelling are! You were probably still in short trousers then  :wacko:

TheChronicOne

Wow, that looks awesome! I was just watching some stuff on this the other day so that's a pretty neat coincidence to see one built and done well.
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on April 06, 2021, 08:26:02 AM

Most things modelling are! You were probably still in short trousers then  :wacko:

1959 ? Of course I was, that's what 7 year olds wore back then. I went into "long trousers" when I went to senior school at 11. No such thing as jeans for kids, or the majority of adults as it happens then  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Leading Observer

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 07, 2021, 05:57:59 AM

1959 ? Of course I was, that's what 7 year olds wore back then. I went into "long trousers" when I went to senior school at 11. No such thing as jeans for kids, or the majority of adults as it happens then  ;)

Watching BBC4's Timeshift on Mods and Rockers, it would seem Jeans were foe Rockers back then
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

NARSES2

Quote from: Leading Observer on April 07, 2021, 06:05:38 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 07, 2021, 05:57:59 AM

Watching BBC4's Timeshift on Mods and Rockers, it would seem Jeans were foe Rockers back then

Yup, what would that be 63/67 ? My first pair of jeans would of been when I was getting into Skinhead/Suedehead sub-culture. Jeans during the week and two tone tonic suit on a Saturday down the dancehall  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I've NEVER worn jeans, ever.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 07, 2021, 06:50:30 AM
I've NEVER worn jeans, ever.  :o

They are my usual go-to, when not at work... or cam trou, which have lots of pockets...  :thumbsup:

Though since I discovered the op-shop option, I haven't bought a pair new in decades.

NARSES2

My go-to strides now are cargos. Loads of pockets  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Mine are trousers............  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

...........and mine are cords........
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on April 09, 2021, 05:15:25 AM
Mine are shorts.

Mine are either sweatpants or shorts. Unless I have to go into the office (or somewhere other than the grocery store), then its tac pants.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 09, 2021, 05:15:25 AM
Mine are shorts.

Well you do work for the P.O. They are compulsory for Postmen in the UK regardless of weather  :rolleyes:

Quote from: Rheged on April 08, 2021, 09:34:28 AM
...........and mine are cords........

Haven't seen cords in years. They were always seen as the smarter option to jeans as casual wear when I was a youth. You'd get in a pub with them, but not the disco. Must admit I much preferred them to jeans.

Nick

In the other Trouser Leg of Time I didn't mention short trousers and start a thread suited for a gentlemens outfitters  :banghead:
At least you don't wear pantaloons, codpieces or tights.

I've started building 2 more kits this week in the quiet mornings at work.
First was a Monogram F-16 that is my age and is actually a very easy build with a minimum of sanding needed. I think of it as a Saturday afternoon build, the sort you'd buy on Saturday morning with your paper round or pocket money and put together that day. Soft white plastic, crisp and clear cockpit details, pilot included, lots of bombs.

Today I've half done an AMT 1/25 Ford GT90 for the Blue Lights GB. Police Pursuit Car. https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=49168.0
It's a SnapFast kit so little glue was needed. The interior looks good as it is and doesn't need anything doing.
The body is a clean white plastic. I don't know whether to put the markings straight on or if I want to go down the road of painting it white again.

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on April 11, 2021, 04:25:16 AM
In the other Trouser Leg of Time I didn't mention short trousers and start a thread suited for a gentlemens outfitters  :banghead:

Sorry sir  :angel: