Nick's Notes

Started by Nick, November 03, 2013, 05:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

That's great news  :thumbsup:

Gondor

That's good new Nick, especially the more money part. One thing that I don't understand is the parking, why would parking at work not be free at least for the employees?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

scooter

Quote from: Gondor on July 28, 2022, 06:24:23 AM
That's good new Nick, especially the more money part. One thing that I don't understand is the parking, why would parking at work not be free at least for the employees?

Gondor

Because there may not be sufficient "free" parking.  I work for a state agency, that has 46 county-level offices throughout the state, plus offices in Trenton.  Not every local office can have parking set aside just for them.  So we shell out around $2 million/year to various vendors just so our employees, primarily in the urban offices, don't have to shell that out.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Steel Penguin

glad to hear Nick  :thumbsup:  hope that you enjoy the job, and remember the occasional wiff sign is a thing  ;D  ;)
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Nice one Nick, at least you don't have that hefty commute any more.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

Quote from: Gondor on July 28, 2022, 06:24:23 AM

Gondor

Not all employers I've talked to have guaranteed parking for their staff - a few tell you to park on nearby streets. When I worked for the local hospital they wanted £2 per day.

Hertfordshire Council offices are a mix of a nice 1930s Neo-Georgian office block and behind it is a 1970s heavy concrete and glass block with various extensions. It's all very modern inside. Behind that in the hillside is a multi-storey car park.

When I had my interview most of the desks in the offices were empty as staff are working from home now. This means more spaces in the car park!

Gondor

To me it's daft not ensuering that your staff have staff parking and free at that! If I ever had to look for another job and I was told there is no or very limited parking then I would walk out of the interview as it's obvious that they don't care for their staff and that is what I would say as I left.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

zenrat

Well done Nick.

You've not worked in a large city centre then Gondor?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 29, 2022, 04:54:00 AM

Definitely not in London or its suburbs  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 29, 2022, 05:32:28 AM
Quote from: zenrat on July 29, 2022, 04:54:00 AM

Definitely not in London or its suburbs  :angel:

Even when I was tourist in London (and immediate suburbs), back in 05, I was like "Parking?  What's that?"
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Gondor

Fortunately I have not worked in a large City Centre, if I was to do such a thing I would use public transport knowing that parking is normally pants as two of my sisters used to live in London out near West Ham football ground, well within a mile or so. I have also made the mistake of trying to park in Edinburgh which is worse than Glasgow for parking. So although I have not worked in a major city centre I am well aware of the parking problems and in my defence no one mentioned that Nick used to work in such an area.

Gondor

zenrat

One of my sisters used to live in Upton Park close to West Ham.

Trouble with using pubic transport is that the parking problem can only be shifted out of town.  When I commuted by train/tube/tram/bus etc I could walk to the first mode of transport from home but some people need to drive to a railway station.  I would here if I got a train to work.  And the bus service is pants.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Luckily enough I've always lived within walking distance of a railway station, even when I'm visiting my family, although in London I also live basically on a very god bus service  :thumbsup: Doubly lucky as I don't drive.