Dornier Do535 Moto-Réacteur

Started by leptiprince, November 05, 2013, 07:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

dumaniac

comrade harps

Whatever.

Father Ennis

Damn !!!   That's one ugly airplane !!!   :o.    Reminds me of a due chavo ,one of my favorite French cars !!!   BTW, excellent job on your build ...    :thumbsup:

Army of One

What a subtle cam scheme...... :thumbsup:.....love the build as well.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

The Big Gimper

Je suis drooling.  :rolleyes:

I never would thought of doing this. Great conversion.
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

sandiego89

Wow, great build!  A few questions:

-where does the front jet engine exhaust come out?
-Is there still a piston engine in the rear?  I see the exhaust ports. Is the piston engine driving a compressor? 

Not criticisms, just questions- I like it!
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Father Ennis

Doesn't it work like the Italian design from the 1030's that had an enclosed propeller inside the fuselage ? Air in the front and compressed and forced out the back ?  Can't remember the name but I do remember what a dog the guy said the kit was. He had a ton of reference with the article,too.

McColm

rickshaw

Moto-Réacteur are, I believe jet engines which utilise a piston engines to drive a compressor.  The Camproni N.1 was one that was successfully tested:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the front intake is, I believe on the Do535 for the "jet engine" while the lower intake is for a radiator for cooling the piston engine?

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Captain Canada

Wow ! That's pretty neat stuff ! I like the name as well.

Great work

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Father Ennis

Just the plane is was talking about !!!   Sorry I couldn't remember the name.  Unicraft makes a model of a Russian one that was flown and tested.