The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Nope. I need more ! lol I was buying a lot of them in pairs. My plan was to build championship bikes. Do one as the bike the won the title, and then do one as the #1 bike the following year. Kenny Roberts Jr. won for Suzuki in '01, on the number 2 bike. And Nicky Hayden won on 69 and raced #1 the following year.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

I think only two of them are started as well. I was well on my way to finishing one, then the aftermarket decals I ordered were back ordered and it all went south from there ! I have no connection with the riders in the kit decal schemes. I should look back into that as well eh !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

Rock and roll, man!!!!   Productivity level: epic.
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

When you hand paint, and lay down a coat of flat white, then matt yellow....and then realize that you forgot the door and the doohickey on the back...... :o

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Cobras are apparently tail heavy. Good ol' lead shot to the rescue ! The wee gun turret was the perfect hiding spot for that as well.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

Nice fix, man!! It's like it was meant to be; like loading a BB gun.  ;D

Sympathize on them left over parts. I do that, too. Makes for some strange methods of integrating them into the stuff that's more down the road to completion.
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

:thumbsup:

For sure on both points ! Loading somat made for a gun, into a gun !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 28, 2019, 07:30:42 PM
:thumbsup:

For sure on both points ! Loading somat made for a gun, into a gun !

Just make sure none goes in the beer can by accident !
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 28, 2019, 07:01:53 PM
Cobras are apparently tail heavy. Good ol' lead shot to the rescue ! The wee gun turret was the perfect hiding spot for that as well.

Yep! so are Hueys (so I'm finding out). On my 'Whiskey Cobra' I used just under a 1/4oz block of lead which I slid under the front cockpit floor and as close to the turret as I could get it. There wasn't any room in the turret though.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Made some good progress on the Cobras last night. One for the Royal Canadian Marines ? And two for the CDN Army. I also spent some time compiling old magazines to recycle, and getting the shelf sorted with things I'm done with and things I want to finish.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Love how those are coming together Todd   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Thank you sir !

I posted this pic last year I think, but after digging through the 18 ( yes, that's correct, 18 Rubbermaid totes ) stored at the father-in-laws, I think I finally remembered where the Jag is !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on January 30, 2019, 12:19:06 PM
Love how those are coming together Todd   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Indeed, it's impressive especially given the use of what can be difficult colours to apply at times  :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

This old Lindberg T-55 was half built when gifted to me in the early part of the century. I figure I'd give it a wee modernization just to get it finished and 'off the books' as they say.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?