The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Hey guys. I'm cleaning up my mess here at home and packing my bags again. Heading up to the wintery confines of Alberta. -28 up there now. Brrr lol. I've got my long underwear and my winter boots and my insulated coveralls, as well as my FR balaclavas. Heading out to work for a company called JACOS. Japan Canada Oilsands. I should have known the acronym from the meatball in their logo lol.

I'm hoping to pack up a few kits/ projects to take with me. When you stay in a rig camp, there's nowt much to do. Overeat is the main attraction. We will be on standby waiting for the rigs to finish drilling.

I'm pretty sure they have wifi so I'll be checking in still. Off to pack ! Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Well wrap up real warm Todd, the wind chill factor here is the real killer. down below the -40C mark.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

kerick

I have concluded that I'm just too old for that kind of cold anymore. I hope they pay you plenty of money for going out there!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

I wish lol. Better than a kick in the pants tho.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

I remember working on the road doing framing back in the day. 90% of everyone spent every hour not working getting drunk. I don't suppose that is allowed in your line of work. Admittedly, back then and in the same situation I did plenty of evening time drinking myself. But..... man.... the rest of them dudes... all drunk and getting in fights and getting the police called and getting drunk at lunch and messing stuff up at work in the afternoon, etc. One idiot that liked tod rink a tall boy or two on lunch hopped in the Skytrack and tried to stuff a CONEX full of trash from the top as if it were a dumpster. Drunken idiot indeed thought it was the dumpster. Dented in the roof and messed it all up. It was so funny. Dangerous, though, too. Idiot.

BUT ANYWAY. lol   
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

lol ya man camps are dry because of the idiots  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Have a safe journey and keep warm, Captain! Being the skinny little rascal that i am, i'd freeze to death in those temperatures...  :o I'm almost freezing my behind off in the south of Portugal as it is, let alone in those regions...  ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Just like Shrek taught us, you gotta be like an onion, layers.....

:thumbsup:

I brought a small selection of paints and tools with me, but only my 700 scale airwing to paint, and some Preisser 144th scale figures. I didn't want to get carried away lol.

I was actually hoping to hit the LHS here before we head North tho, maybe get somat cool to fiddle with
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

That's the ticket.  Something new to keep the motivation going and to christen a new job. Might be the 80th AB but it's still new!   I try to do things like that, too. Sometime I buy a new trinket to try out on a lawn or I try the next lawn a different way than last. Each new job I go to has something novel about it when I'm up to it to keep things fresh.
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

I made it to camp.....cold and depressing lol. Hopefully I snap out of it !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

At least it's not HOT and depressing?  hahah   I tried......  lol
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

What's the temperature up there Todd, we've got ambient temps at -40C this morning down here.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

A little warmer than you, it was only -38 lol
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

How can you use the word 'warmer' in the same sentence as a temperature of minus ANYthing?  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit