The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogsbody

Quote from:  For those who want to know, Firebag is an airfield specifically for the plant that operates there, and only workers working at the plant are brought in an out through it.
/quote]

I know exactly where it is. I drove passed it on our way to  Shell's Albian camp, where we stayed for days at the beginning of the 2016 Wildfire evacuation.

Chris
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"

Captain Canada

We did a well right beside it one night. I didn't know what it was until three WestJet 737s blasted off seconds apart ! Taking happy people home lol
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

EDIT: Might have been Aurora, been so long I cant remember!

Hey Toad, remember that old Revell F-94 I gave you years ago? Here's a post on the Revell facebook page showing what a guy named Ron Bell did with it. It leaves me gobsmacked: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2554563961425605&set=pcb.1535026463322539&type=3&ifg=1&__tn__=HH-R&eid=ARDfCI7Uz8Dv9g8PP0g5KjryeOO_3-IdmFhsiJ-zec9SKsU3ZsCbspJCfv3fEoi2LMKNxsNj8wfJ25iR
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Wicked... lighting make the OD anti glare stuff look gold... so it's like a polished silver with matte gold accents plane.  ha!!  Gorgeous!! Looks great although not so sure about the verisimilitude.  ;D :angel:
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

Wow ! That defo looks amazing Rat ! I keep looking at that old kit ( thanks ! ) And really should get to building it
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Purgatory. Half Build Hell. That's my world. I don't know why I do it to myself. In my model building life, as well as my motorcycle restoration life. Ugh, as they say.

As I'm working on these three, for the Navy GB.....

9F657F8F-3ADE-4E73-9E6F-56506B33A6D5 by Todd Pomerleau, on Flickr

I dig out these....

CD40E3C3-3416-43D4-9E50-5BA4B4225D69 by Todd Pomerleau, on Flickr
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Wait... something's wrong. Pictures of his modeling area and not a beer bottle in sight. I'm confused.  :o
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

Some biggins. I like that! Cleared for flight level "Gusto."  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Thanks Chris. I had them out so I could start touching up the paint, do some weathering and add the decals etc. They sat on the kitchen table all day while I went about my business, and are now back in the front room awaiting their turn. Never ending lol. And in the mean time, I've managed to halt work on the other 3 and start a 144th scale Flying Boxcar, which I have no idea what I'm planning on doing with. If I had blue lightning stripes I'd make her a early 414 EWU bird. Might still go that route but we'll see.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?