The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Yessir....pics to follow soon ! Hopefully tonite.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Threw a new thread into the Aussierama build. Also a few pics in the over your house thread.

:thumbsup:

just noticed I put the post in the Asia-rama section ! D'oh !

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

I think the Boomers are done. I'll await any responses vis-à-vis the bomb query on the actual thread.

Almost finished decaling the Vampire as well. Ran out of red ensign era CDN flags, so had to cut out a fin flash and will paint a we Union Jack and crest on it. It's small enough that a few wee dabs of paint applied with a toothpick should suffice.

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

I think I might pitch the idea of finisjing other half-starts and go right into Harrier mode. I just love Harriers ! Maybe if I finish one half built for every one harrier ?

Ugh...half starts.....

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Attached the fins to the rockets ( from an Academy Typhoon ) and had the rails and RPs painted. I noticed the smell of thinner so cleaned up the area a bit and washed my hands. Then I was removing them from the sprues....and inadvertantly set them down into a puddle of thinner that was still on my glass cutting board ! Argh......

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Yep. Had a big idea for a half-built today and don't you know it ? Can't find a single bloody torpedoe in the spares box.....

Oh, and I need two.....

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

pyro-manic

Plastic rod, nose and tail from an appropriately-sized bomb?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Captain Canada

I ended up modifying a pair of those glide bombs or whatever they are in the Revell Greif kit.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Not much going on today. A little hungover I think..... :banghead:

Actually kind of mad at myself. I let that little mess up of the rockets hamper my Boomerang build. Something like that should not matter, but somehow it did today. I should have just fixed the paint and got back to square one !

Oh well, there's always tomorrow. At least I got a little more work done on those glide bomb things. They're going to go under a Fulmar that was in the started pile.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 24, 2013, 07:15:23 PM

Actually kind of mad at myself. I let that little mess up of the rockets hamper my Boomerang build. Something like that should not matter, but somehow it did today. I should have just fixed the paint and got back to square one !

I know what you mean Capt. I find little things like that throw me off a build for a while (sometimes longer) as well
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Bizarre eh ? I'm going to kick that in the butt tonite and finish those darn rockets

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

A have atoned for my aforementioned sucky-fit by sneaking home at lunch and rectifying the paint on the rockets. Also took the opportunity to add the fins to my Fulmar missile things, and paint up some of the fiddly bits !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Spent most of the evening watching hockey...but I did get a coat of white paint on the Fulmar.

;D
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Nothing on the go today, other than a bit of Harrier research. I just love that aeroplane !

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I was going to finish off the rockets, but spent too much time at the rink with the boy. Also spent an hour on my French lessons. I'm gonna learn that damn language !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 26, 2013, 07:50:59 PMAlso spent an hour on my French lessons. I'm gonna learn that damn language !

Quebec French, or Parisian? I want to learn too, but only if I can learn the language of the Quebecois! They teach Parisian in Ontario schools. They use the excuse that they can't get teachers to come from Quebec, but I suspect that's a load of crap. They probably have lots of different courses to pick from, all Parisian French, and can't be bothered to make one based on the Quebec style. Were I Quebecois I would be screaming, because it's like an insult: Okay, we'll teach our kids French to keep you happy, but not that backwater hillbilly dialect you speak, we'll teach them real French.  :angry:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr