The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Thanks for the tip Rat, but it doesn't sound that great. I was hoping to hop into Hamilton Hobbies over on Portside St. in Hannon, lots and lots to search through there !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Yee Haa ! All done up here. A few beers, Habs game, then home tomorrow. Watch a Harrier thread near you  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Pretty much nothing. Hockey tryouts, hockey playoffs on tele, moto, and work. Busy busy busy ! Off to Montreal this weekend to see my Dad, then back to work and maybe a work trip to Montreal !

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Nothing to report...again !

Had a great weekend in Montreal for mon Pere's 70th Birthday party. Good times, good times.....

I had an Italeri C-130J in my hands at the RCAF museum, and it was only $50 but a road trip to la bell Province and back runs about $300 in gasoline, so I put it back... that's what you get for cruising at a buck 30  :banghead:

I did manage to get some good pics ( I hope ) of the newly arrived Boeing 720 engine test bird. I'll post a gallery later.

As for modeling I might try and bang off a Grumman Gossling just to get going again.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Try driving in the UK Capt. Canadian $ 2.39 a litre or there about's. That's come down from it's recent highs as well. I don't drive but it obviously still effects me
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Petrol was $1.24 here last week.

Big Oil remembered it was Victoria Day ( May Two-Four ) weekend, so it went up to $1.39

It was $1.45 in Montreal.

And now for plan B. Going to watch MotoGP races I have backed up and bash up a quick CDN Army Hawk trainer.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 20, 2014, 09:14:37 AM
Petrol was $1.24 here last week.

It's the same around here Todd, but it wasn't jacked up as bad as what you got.  Still cost me $200 to fill up my truck plus a jerry can.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

We mostly fill up in the States, and we're going to start bring a jerry can over with us for in-between fills.

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Who am I trying to kid.....got nothing done ! By the time I had straightened up a bit it was time to get the kiddies from school ! Ugh...now preoccupied with another work trip so maybe I'll get nowt done at all !

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Actually got a lot more done tonite than I thought I would have ! The Airfix BAe Hawk is mostly together.....ran out of time tho as I had to clean up and get ready for leaving town tomorrow. I really need to get a wee plastic toolbox sorted so I can safely carry a 'road trip modeling kit' to keep me occupied ( and off the piss ) during hotel stays !

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

I never had time to pack anything, and here I am sat in a hotel on a delayed job with nowt but my trusty pal Harry, the road trip Harrier to keep me company. Oh well, defo have to make that kit I was thinking of.

In other news, I think I may try a half-assed attempt at a 350 scale Canadair Argus.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

I took these at the museum in Trenton.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

kitnut617

Anymore pics of the Argus Todd, I'm going to start my 1/72 kit in the near future ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Rat

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 24, 2014, 06:38:02 AM
Anymore pics of the Argus Todd, I'm going to start my 1/72 kit in the near future ---

It's a little more than an hour from me, and my boss sends me that way every so often. It's also near one of my favourite areas of the province. So let me know what you need in the way of detail pics and I'll see what I can do.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr