The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: The Rat on May 24, 2014, 07:19:10 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on May 24, 2014, 06:38:02 AM
Anymore pics of the Argus Todd, I'm going to start my 1/72 kit in the near future ---

It's a little more than an hour from me, and my boss sends me that way every so often. It's also near one of my favourite areas of the province. So let me know what you need in the way of detail pics and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks Dave, need some detail pics of the engine cowlings, the air intakes top and bottom (especially the bottom ones) and if you can, inside the wheel bays.  I'm thinking they're close to what a DC-7 nacelle looks like with some minor changes.  I've already got some very detailed u/c, wheels and props for it, just need to know how they're attached inside the wheel bay.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Rat

I'll see what I can do!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

The Rat

Just sent the following e-mail to the museum:

I have had a request from a fellow aircraft modeler, living in Britain, for some close-up and detailed pictures of various parts of the Canadair Argus. As I live in Pickering, Ontario, I am wondering if it would be possible for me to visit and obtain pictures of the details he is looking for. This would necessitate straying from the designated footpath. I would, of course, be more than willing to have a member of your staff accompany me in order to ensure that there is no danger to myself, or damage to your collection. All the photos would be taken from outside the aircraft, no internal details are necessary.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

kitnut617

Thanks Dave, just a minor correction --- I live in Alberta ---  :lol:

The Rat

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 24, 2014, 10:25:59 AM
Thanks Dave, just a minor correction --- I live in Alberta ---  :lol:

Dang, yeah. Getting 'kitnut' confused with 'PR19_kit'. Hey, Alberta is almost as far anyway.  ;D

Captain Canada

I have some more on my comp at home. Thought I had them on photobucket but I guess not !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Which kit do you have Robert ? Can we see some pics ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

I've got a CP-107 which was mastered by a guy in South Africa who wanted one but of course none on the market in 1/72. According to what I was told it's quite a good representation although there's no panel lines etc, and he was convinced to make a number of others and sell them so he made ten kits.  Mine's Kit #2 apparently, at least that's what all the parts have written on them.  It's a vacuform and has a couple of clear parts for the nose and cockpit.  I'll post some pics of the parts later this week, got tied up with a job this weekend.

There is now a 1/72 kit by Herrill's Execuform but the one I have goes by the name Santos, I got it from Aviation World which is near you Todd  -----

kitnut617

My Santos CP-107 Todd ---

Captain Canada

Been awhile since I checked in !

I can't see the pic as I'm at work, but looking forward to seeing when I get home.

As for modelling, slow going here. The playoffs finally ended but now all of my spare time is devoted to motocross with the boy.

I am working on a few things that I hope to finish soon. Mainly the 2 Harriers, a Hawk, and that B-25 I bought last week.

Cheers guys !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Lots of work done on the B-25 last night ! Struggled with markings after finishing the paint scheme, but I think it will turn out all right.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Almost done the B-25. Finished most of the fiddly bits tonite. Need to add a couple small markings and research the story a bit and Bob's your Uncle.

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Good question ! lol....not sure where. I may not have posted any finished pics of her yet.

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Thank you sir.

I hope to get some pics this week. Or next week I should say.

I think part of my problem ( I know part of my problem ) is the attention span. I get so far and stop. Start another get so far and stop. On top of that, I keep going for 'easy builds' that get more and more thought until they get so far and stop !

Argh..... :blink: :party: :unsure: :ph34r: :banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?