The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Slow slow slow here....just can't seem to get into it. I'm slowly decalling the pair of Harriers and a Hawk. Painful. Ugh.

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

The pace has picked up a wee bit....back on shift at work so that means toning down the late nights and 3-day binges  :thumbsup: So that means more 'sobertime' at the work table !

Added a Tucano to my Army trainer set, and it's almost ready to stand on it's own two ( three ) feet. And my Za Rodina build is coming along nicely !

:tornado: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Slow going again. Back to days off/ vacation, moto races, and deck refurb, golf and a concert this weekend, then off to the big week long Amateur National race for the boy. Gonna be busy !

Dug a part built Gannett out of the stash. I am going to extend the gear to flying length and hang it up when it's done. After a few touvh and goes and benchtop arrestor landings that is  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Haven't really touched anything since this last update ! Work work and more work. I wish I would have packed more modelling stuff !

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Started on a wee Canadair Dynavert today. Just something to do....

I was also thinking of watching a few Submarine movies....I want to start researching a back story for my long neglected Stirling X

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

What a whirlwind of work lately.... 

Straight back from the week-long Trans Can Nationals with the boy, 3 jobs here in town, on a plane to Alberta ( got a ride in a Dash-8 Q40, a first ) then drove a logger back to Ontario, overnight at home then back in a pickup headed to Labrador, then I flew home and added 2 new airports to my list, Blanc Sablon in QC and St. Anthony in NL. Flew in Provincial Airlines ( PAL ) Dash8. Windiest I've ever been in but that Dasher did a super fast take off and some mighty tight turns ! Lovely !

Finally back home for a few days and working on a Gannett. One from the pile of 'half builts' Just going straight up with this, as a RCN bird.

:cheers:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Of course there were two Gannets in the box, so now I'm back to same old same old me....pick away at the pair seeming to get nowhere....oh well, I did manage to get a few coats of paint on the original build and hacked out the bomb bay doors on the second one.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Build the proposed Twin Gannet AEW4 for use on CVA-01.  ;D

TWO radars in the air just have to be better than one.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

AEW4 eh ? Ok....I'll check in to that one !

On the modelling front, I ended up digging out the Revell Essex carrier ( the lunar module recovery version ) and fondling that all night ! Oh well, back to the Gannet tonite
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Put another coat on the Gannet.

Put a trial coat of yellow on a wee Merlin to do an armed up RCAF SAR bird ( in yellow )

Now I've got the day off and was hoping to enjoy some plastic 'alone' time.....but I've got to stain the deck etc etc..... :banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 23, 2014, 05:26:46 AM
Now I've got the day off and was hoping to enjoy some plastic 'alone' time.....but I've got to stain the deck etc etc..... :banghead:

Know what you mean, we've got loads to do around the property this year before winter sets in -- really cutting into model building time   :banghead: :banghead:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Just picked up this 1:1 scale beauty to also hamper my plans ! 1972 Skidoo Olympique 300. Needs some TLC but she's all there !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Sorted out the pilots for that Gannet. I'm doing her on approach as the Trump kit comes with the flaps down option. I still need to lengthen the legs into 'flier' mode tho.

And I knew that confounded sled would take up all my time.....I just have to get it running before I can turn my attention anywhere else

:unsure: :thumbsup: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Streched the legs of the Gannet to 'flying'. Found a flaw in the way I glued the actuators to the flaps so that needs to be rectified....I have also put the forst finish coats of black/ yellow on the spinner and finlets for my fistitious RCN ( yet to be named ) Squadron. 888 Maybe ? How about 814 to mimick the RCAF Black Knights EWU ?

In the real world...I rebuilt the carb, popped in a new plug and didn't get the pull cord two inches out and she fired right up ! I couldn't keep it running tho as the gas tank is off so I can clean the shellac out of it and purge the gas lines.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

From reports I've heard you will need something like that this winter. Supposed to be worse than last year!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise