The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 23, 2014, 06:38:36 AM
Just picked up this 1:1 scale beauty to also hamper my plans ! 1972 Skidoo Olympique 300. Needs some TLC but she's all there !

Isn't that one of those used in "Bear Island"...certainly looks familiar. Must watch that again some day.

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 10, 2014, 03:13:13 PM
Quote from: kitnut617 on October 10, 2014, 01:37:07 PM
Well it's not too cumbersome

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa263/kitnut617/Short%20Sunderland%20Turboprop%20Amphibian/Sunderlanducbays019_zps8326ca3d.jpg

Is that a 1/48 PBY landing gear grafted onto a 1/72 Sunderland? If so it works VERY well!  :thumbsup:

Yes, but the top strut is modified because the Sunderland's fuselage side actually leans outwards at the top, as opposed to the Catalina's which curves inward at the top.  I'm using Manchester main wheels and a Blenheim main wheel for the front wheel
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Quote from: Librarian on October 10, 2014, 03:23:52 PM
Isn't that one of those used in "Bear Island"...certainly looks familiar. Must watch that again some day.

Not sure....but I'll check that out !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Looks like a pretty cool movie ! The machines on the adverts I saw look more like some kind of air boat or something ? Yellow anyway.....I'm going to have to try and find that movie and give her a watch !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Librarian

I've googled and the skidoo thingees in the film don't have skis attached. You sit on them as in the picture but the skis are on your feet. I'd forgotten those airboats, really nice :thumbsup:. also forgot Donald Sutherland, MR Bridges, Christopher Lee, Richard Widmark.......serious cast :thumbsup:.

Captain Canada

Ya looking forward to watching it !

On the modelling front, I have most of the decals installed on the Gannet, should be close to being finished tonite !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Added the flaps, gear, gear doors and antennae last night. Just need to paint the aerial atop the fuselage and add a wire....and I'm calling her done !

Then I have to decide if I want to drill a hole in the bottom to add a stick of sorts and take some pics of her landing, or just string her up in the basement and do it that way.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Added the last fiddly bits.

Now onto another half-start, a KC-97. According to some scribbles on the instructions it was to be an RCAF bird, but I'm going to keep going with my current RCN theme.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Ok Ernesto Gannetso is done. Well, I have to trim my thread aerial and paint the mast, but that's it. You'll have to wait to see it tho as I'm out the door for another NL adventure in the am.

The KC-97 had a secon coat on most parts tonite. Lookin. Pretty good. Those academy 144th kits are pretty sparse for the money tho.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Sat on my second flight with a kid who's an airframe tech on the C-17 with 429 Sqd. Had a nice chat and heard a few good stories !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Just a thought...but I want to 'jot it down' here as the ink on my mental notes seems to fade within days  :thumbsup:

But why not photograph models days/ weeks before posting a thread ? Different poses, different lighting...and then when I'm on a road trip with nothing but time on my hands, I can make selections for threads and edit them etc ?

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Wishing I woulkd have done it....two Boomerangs, the Spit.22, the Fulmar, I think there are others as well.

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Sat here in a little cabin in NL doing nowt. I did bring the balsa and some styrene and some glue etc....pretty much the same kit I had the last time, but the motivation is rather lacking. The on-call/ standby life is rather draining I might say.

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?