The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 21, 2014, 06:12:58 PM
The on-call/ standby life is rather draining I might say.

:blink:

I can imagine so Capt, being at someone's beck & call all the time
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Got one of the two jobs done so there is light at the end of the tunnel !

Also getting out a bit more. Been nice and sunny the last few days. Perfect weather for exploring !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Just thinking to report. I saw on ebay when I found those Shaks that the same place had a six pack of Modelcraft Fireflys as well, so I might look into those. Big fan of that bird, and with a little work they can be made into nice looking models.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

I think the first use of the Shak props may be an F-82.

I was also thinking of aVietnam era RAAF night bomber. I could build one OOB rivets and all with an all black underside and some dark earth colours atop. Bomb bay open with lots of nasties inside.

Other than thinking, not alot going on benchwise. Too busy working and trying to catch up with life.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 08, 2014, 06:08:04 AM
I think the first use of the Shak props may be an F-82.

I took that a step further and added a Griffon engine, at least for now there's only one showing but I'll cast up a couple later, but I'm using this F-82 as a test mule for the moment as I develop stuff  ---

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

cheers Todd !

I'm working on a counter rotating prop for the other Merlin engine P-82B I'm doing, as I don't think the kit props have the correct sized blades.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

In typical smart guy fashion I had a few pops yesterday and instead of finishing and/ or working on started kits I started an old Italeri Chinook. Always wanted to do a CDN army trainer. lots of green and dirt and yellow and orange and big white numbers. Kinda like that old US bird.

As a note, I was going to start a Trump A version, but upon opening the box realized at some point I had removed the interior and now have no idea where it went !

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Was lucky enough to be sat beside a tech who was heading there for a detail...

http://www.dvidshub.net/video/369845/b-52-imagery
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

So.....I have found that the 1/81 or whatever Snarks are huge ! Way to big to fit under the wings of the Shak. Oh well, maybe onto plan B, having one semi recessed in the belly ?

That revelation was cancelled out by the 'good' fact that the RGV Suzuki I bought isn't a spare, but a new kit to me. Now I have 3 of KRJs bikes to build, his entry into GP, his Championship winning machine ( '00 ) and his number 1 plated 2001 bike !

New builds that were really old builds : Couldn't find that interior to a Trump Chinook so I started ( finishing ) the Italeri one instead. Hope to do a simple build, get going again. CDN Army in a green/ orange/ yellow trim. Defo need to restock my CDN decal stash tho, really running low.

Also started that Novo Barracuda. Another simple kit, but that's ok as I've always wanted to build/ fondle one. I'm going to remove the greenhouse and add a single place cockpit with a spinner and prop set from the ( haha....you guessed it ! ) Shakleton.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Hmmmm, I was pondering putting a turret onto a Fulmar today.  Would also work on a Barracuda...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Ya I was thinking that as well.....but with the new prop arrangement I thought i'd go with the 'speedy' look and add a Mustang style canopy.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Got a bit of modelling done tonite...which was nice !

More paint on the Chinook. A little test fiting on the Barracuda. Hope to be back at it tomorrow as well !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

It appears that I screwed up and didn't finish my bid for that Shin Meiwa.....there's no history of it in my account and it's gone. Pity, it was part started and only 15 dollars !

Oh well, on the bright side I won an AModel C-123 Provider for 9.99

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Got my Provider. Decent kit. Typical Amodel. Started a wee bit of hacking and test fitting. Not sure what will become of it. I mostly bought it to build and fly around the room, so might be a simple camo hack. I was also thinking of getting some CanMilAir decals and doing her as a blue flashed 414 EWU bird. Now that would be cool ! Seeing as they did fly the Boxcar for awhile.

On the real modelling front, my CDN Army helicopter build is still in ( almost ) full swing. I cancelled an order with West Coast Hobbies until after Christmas, so we can have some spare cash for parties etc. I had on order a Sword T Lightning, as well as a Joy Pack of old-school Cobra choppers, for the previously mentioned build.

So far incl. in the build are :

3 Harriers ( 2 GR.1s and a T )
1 BAe Hawk
1 Tucano
1 Otter
1 Beaver
( might add a twin Otter )
3 Chinooks
1 CH-53
1 HH-3 ( will be a ABDR )

So as you can see, up to my usual tricks of starting everything and finishing nothing !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?