The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Got both fuselages buttoned up on the two big choppers last night. Love big choppers. Never got much else done tho.....hockey, beer, and Game of Thrones  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Any sightings of Airfix Blenheim 1s over there yet Cap'n?
They've reached these shores.  I saw a stack of 6 yesterday.  I'd have grabbed one but Mrs z was with me and had that steely glint in her eye that said "watch it buddy".  I was also being sorely tested by a Trumpeter FW-200 an Italeri SM-82 and a Revell Bv-222.  I need a better paid job (and bigger shelves).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on December 07, 2014, 12:33:36 AM
  I need a better paid job (and bigger shelves).

.... and a more tolerant wife.

Have you taken a census of her handbags or shoes recently???
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 07, 2014, 05:49:02 AM
Quote from: zenrat on December 07, 2014, 12:33:36 AM
  I need a better paid job (and bigger shelves).

.... and a more tolerant wife.

Have you taken a census of her handbags or shoes recently???

I hope he hasn't.  Better to let sleeping dragons lie!   :o
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Captain Canada

None here yet. I had heard of stuff getting to the states but still nothing new here, at my LHS anyway.

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Librarian

I've lost track of the ways I've sneaked kits into the house. The worst was were I was placing them in the recycling bin outside then sneaking out when able to retrieve them. Fell asleep on the sofa one night and woke up AFTER the recyclers had been :banghead:. I'd laugh but there was about £60 odd  of kits, paints etc in there.

Captain Canada

Ouch. Did you chase the truck ?

:wacko:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Mrs_PR19 knew what she was getting into before she married me. When we first met I had one complete bedroom of a 3 bedroomed terrace house dedicated to model storage,  I had so many kits at the time that my actual modelling had to take place elsewhere in the house.  ;)

Such 'stash smuggling' has never been an issue in this household.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

Mrs Steel Penguin is the same, fortunately, the only time i keep a kit purchase secret from her, is when its a pressie for her.  Which is a good thing considering the times ive come bace from cosford with a stack of kits, and the purchase of the Warrior company.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

zenrat

Shoe census?
Easy as they tend to be spread out across the bedroom floor.  I just count how many times I curse as I go to the toilet during the night...

I paid particular attention to the steely glint this time as she had in her hand the kit I had chosen for her to buy me as a birthday present.  It really wouldn't have been politic to then buy myself another 3 or 4 (or 5 or 6 - they also had the Trumpeter Badger C).  Especially as I was also getting comments along the lines of "you haven't built that bulldozer I bought you last year".
So today I started the Meng D9 Armoured Bulldozer.  I'll be scratching up a winch/derrick arrangement to replace the ripper and it'll be repurposed from it's IDF role of destroying homes to something more constructive.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Painted most of the CH-53 yesterday. Just a simple RCM paint job, dull green with a wee bit of orange. Now I'm bored with this scheme already. I love training a/c, but seem to have hit another rut of starting too many kits and becoming bored of them. I really need to break out one of my true whiffs, and get into sanding and cutting and fidgeting instead of paint and markings.

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

I was hoping to bang off 1or 2 of the builds today, but I have ended up doing some 1:1 stuff ie: cleaning up the garage so the lovely wife can get her car in for the winter. Fun stuff.

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Still plugging away at the choppers. One Chinook is almost done. Been thinking of the Jolly Green Giant....might be an RAN ASW bird in that lovely grey and white scheme or a RCN similar type.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

sounds like a plan  :thumbsup: DO IT  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!