The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Decided to do the Twotter in Dark Earth. Humbrol. Looks like a US Army bird now ! So I've decided that the bird will be second and from the US and my CDN Army markings will be over the standard US markings. If it works out according to plan, it should look pretty cool ! I was also thinking, it would also look good with invasion stripes and large D-day markings.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Twotter almost up on her feet. Dug out the Sword 2-seat Harrier that is almost done, and started working the cockpit. Now everything will be on hold again. Called back to work for 2 days and we have our big party new years day. Look out !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Started cracking on with one of the Shackletons last night. Got a lot done as well. I took some pics with my phone but now the cord won't comply with my demands and just keeps resetting when I plug into the comp. Oh well, nothing major anyway. Just lots of bits. Prob be finished in EDSG as either Korea or Suez Crisis.

Stay tuned

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Here's a pic of all the parts laid out on my little table downstairs. You don't realize how many sub assemblies a four engine twin tailed bomber type has !

The Spartan cockpit area. I figure there's just enough detail and glass to warrant some paint. Otherwise it would be all gray and slapped together. Really not looking forward to trying to close this ill-fitting 'thing' together  :thumbsup:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

OK, so where do the Lego bits go in the scheme of things?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

lol Kit I didn't even notice that ! We had loads of kids in and out of the house during the holidays. I'm guessing that's how that got there !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Got the fuselage glued together. Ended up breaking the bomb bay doors off so it would stay together, as it's all warped in that area. Now the bomb bay is out of alignment, but I'm going to glue them shut on this one anyway. Pure dog  :blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 03, 2015, 01:10:05 PM
OK, so where do the Lego bits go in the scheme of things?  ;D

Beat me to it  ;D.

I'd just assumed it was jig for something actually
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

All buttoned up but lots of scraping etc to be done yet.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Nothing to report here. Cleaned up my 'mess' again. I'm heading out of town for a couple of days ( back to work  :-\ ) and then maybe humping a truck out to Alberta. Where it's cold. But I'll be flying back as fast as I can ! lol

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

So, how many times have you fu-----, erm I mean made a slight error while watching the World Juniors Todd   ;D
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

I usually get so wound up I can't build whilst watching !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

I can't build whilst watch tv full stop. Don't know how you do it
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Nope, me neither (well youtube, since I don't have telly). I find that putting the radio on actually helps though: I seem to "keep moving" better rather than getting stalled.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Yup I have the radio when I'm modelling, reading and much everything else. However I do tend to stop what I'm doing ad listen to the news for some reason