The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

That Voodoo looks promising!   :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Thanks. It's just a clean up of an old build. I'm hoping to add the same stores to it that I had originally....a pod, a fuel tank and a HARM, or whatever that big missile was. I think the Navy called them Standard.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Standard ARM was used for the Wild Weasel missions by F-105s and later F-4s.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 28, 2015, 08:06:18 PM
Thanks. It's just a clean up of an old build. I'm hoping to add the same stores to it that I had originally....a pod, a fuel tank and a HARM, or whatever that big missile was. I think the Navy called them Standard.

Get your voodoo on!!  ;D Big missiles always look good to me!
I also have a few models that will probably be cleaned up in the future so maybe my F-15C will turn in to a Silent Eagle but that would really need a new canopy as the original was totally wrecked with CA glue... Beginner's mistakes!  :banghead:
I'm also still thinking of changing the mission of my F-16V ADCUP to a Wild weasel and hanging the HARM missiles that it was supposed to have in the first place, they're all painted up, just need the live warhead yellow stripes painted on it and then either put the Lantirn pods or come up with an HTS pod for it to really be a WW.  :wacko:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Sounds good !

And definately get your Voodoo on ! lol

:wacko:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Holy jumping hangovers ! Ugh....not much on the go for me today !

:banghead: :blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Sunday, lazy sunday...  ;D same here!  :cheers:

Captain Canada

Spent most of my time, after being sick, doing nowt. Then I got into the sauce again. The good news is, I got my old 1972 Skidoo Olympique up and running ! Fun stuff.

Tonight I got somat done. Not much, but I feel if I can even do one small thing each day, at least I'm not stagnant ! So I cobbled up the doors for the second Voodoo. I'll post some pics later, and might have a query for you. I was going to leave them overall green like the AirDiv CF-104s, but feel they would look better with camo.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 03, 2015, 06:48:54 PM
Then I got into the sauce again. The good news is, I got my old 1972 Skidoo Olympique up and running ! Fun stuff.

Careful with that combination! Just keep the shiney side up and the dirty side down!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Yes I agree. I had a few pops working on it but was sober the next day riding it. Too risky !

On the model front, baby steps ! Painted some of the black bits in the SH-3, glued a prop blade back on the shak, who is now in a holding pattern until I get the decals, and marked out some new tails for the Voodoo. But I got lazy and forgot to cut them out  :banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Howard of Effingham

what's happening with the RF-101 captain?

well it is an RF-101 isn't it?

one of slightly stalled projects on my bench is a matchbox RF-101F but in 'European one' camo with USAF ANG markings. I've worked in
a couple of decent resin ejector seats and an eduard EB set.

seems as if we is thinking along parallel lines!  ;D :o ;D
Keeper of George the Cat.

Captain Canada

Yes they are both RF birds. One is the Hasegawa A and the other the Matchbox B. Refurbs from the old stash. Never really finished them off so figure I will now and then hang them up in the storage room.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Cut the tails out and sanded them down. Got some gloss coats put on the Aussie HH-3 and the rotors of my army Sea King. Painted the tail stripes on my Skua TT bird. See ? Small steps and they are slowly getting done !

PS- I opened that Wessex HAS.3 I bought and was about to start snipping the cockpit bits out...then talked myself out of it. Finish the stuff you have out now ! Please ! lol

:banghead: :thumbsup: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Self discipline is the most difficult of all.
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..