The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

ahh! captain but which sqn and what scheme and do I use voodoo grey?

:cheers: beer req'd to help me decide  :cheers:

must be time for a beer where you are, btw.

back tomorrow.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Captain Canada

I don't know who would have used them....but they would have looked good in ADC grey with some tail stripes. Any squadron I guess, since they all did it back in the day. Maybe 409 as a coastal defender ?

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Progress again ! The second T.10 is up on her feet with all pylons attached. The GR.3+ is progressing well, as well ?

Also.

:thumbsup:

Now to quit humming and hawing on the ords.... :banghead: :blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Well, I've had my morning coffee, cleaned up the kitchen from another weekend of madness, so I think I'll have a 'me' day and get on with some modelling. 4 step plan :

1 Quick shower
2 Heat up some leftover homemade pizza ( potato and Vidalia onion )
3 Plug the laptop into the tele and watch 4 WSBK races I have downloaded
4 Model

Pics to follow !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Not done as much as I'd liked to have done....but oh well. I've decided to try and finish up these Harriers and then get on with my life lol

Here's my setup today : WSBK from the laptop, a second laptop for research and general whatnot, my lunch, and some plastic ! The races were rather boring. Hasn't been a lot of excitement in WSBK this season. Must the headlamp stickers slowing everybody down lol

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

So you model on your living room coffee table without any protection on it ? And you are still in the land of the living ?  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

LOL yes ! The table and the double-wide glide rocker I sit in are in the hated corner....wife keeps threatening to throw them out ! The table is ruined anyway, so that really doesn't matter. Besides, paint splatter, cuts and glue marks add character to it !

This out basement family room, so it's no big deal. We rarely have guests down here other than the kid's friends, or my drunk buddies to watch bike racing or hockey.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

YeeHaw ! Finally got a few pics up. I would do more but it's too windy outside, making for a hassle as bits blow around.

Can be seen here :

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,38269.new.html#new

And here :

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,40019.15.html
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Yes....but not nearly as bad as Harrieritis  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Great looking couple you've got there!  :thumbsup: :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Howard of Effingham

not bad. anyway todd harrieritis is not a nasty disease merely catchy!  :cheers:
Keeper of George the Cat.

NARSES2

They do look nice Capt  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Thanks Chris !

I know I'm supposed to be concentrating on my Harriers, but....I'm a little distracted with the IIHF semis, as well as the first game of the NHL conference finals, so I'm ship day dreaming. I just had out the Airfix Falklands trio ( three different ships with three different wee choppers tee hee ) and put that back. Then I dug out the old box scale Revell Atomic Crusier USS Long Beach ( lots of whif potential but a new chopper needs to be sorted, the kit one is bad ! ) and then put it away. Then I got out the Airfix Victorious. Not a bad kit, but still bummed that the box art shows Wessex' and Buccaneers. Even tho the Skyradiers, Scimitars and Vixens are cool, come on....anyway, all of those boxes are put away again and now I'm onto Renwal Shangri La, Revell Sea Shadow and Revell USS Hornet. Think I might write a few notes inside the boxes if any ideas pop up

Or if anybody here has one

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Ok, back to Harriers. I'm thinking of grafting a Duck hull onto a GR1 or 3 or FRS.1 and making a SAR type. Might be a wee bit impractical but I think it would be an asset at sea and it sure would look cool !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?