The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

How time flies eh ? Been slow going here. Just too much on the go during the summer months. Trailer shopping today, some house work, some yard work, some bike work, a round of golf this aft, then moto practice, then assemble some new patio furniture...then I'm sure beers and food on said furniture....lol

Started work on that MH-53. I know I shouldn't have, but I just love that family of helicopter. I also hope to add a few bits to the MG this weekend and perhaps finish the painting and get on with the process of dirtying her up a little.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Holy smokes ! Actually had a session last night.....sat down to watch the Moto2 and 3 races from the weekend, so brought my 3 AZ AH-1G kits upstairs with me. Got quite a bit done to the cockpits and fuselage halves. A wee bit of painting tonite and they should be ready to glue the halves together. Nice kits for sure. Not sure of the accuracy, and I really don't care either, they just go together really nicely.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Triple Cobra session! Get some pics for us, Captain.  :thumbsup:
I love those, i only have 1 Italeri kit but have been tempted to buy another one more than a few times... :rolleyes:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

OK will do...tomorrow  :thumbsup: Off to bed long drive tomorrow....off to Massilon Ohio....might venture past Akron on the way back, be cool to see the sheds there !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Well 'm off ! Semi planned a route....drop off the tools in Massilon, head up 77 to Akron-Canton to the MAPs museum, from there up to Akron to see the old blimp shed, and then up to Cleveland to see the F-4s mounted there and home. I might just skip all or some tho, depending on the time line and roads etc.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Started filing the rivets off the Albatross. I was going to use RR Darts for the engines. And make it RAF or RN. But then I thought about Shorts and the Sealand etc....so maybe not ? Maybe CDN ? But then again, this is whif so whatever right ?

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Why not RAF or RN? The Sealand was only about half the size of the Albatross and neither service used it. Darts would be just about right for the Albatross, and there was a turbo version of its smaller brother, the Mallard.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

There was a turbo conversion of the Albatros, by Conroy Aircraft Corporation who converted a surplus SA-16A with  RR Dart R.Da.6 Mk510 s(From a Viscount). It was not a commercial success.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Captain Canada

Well there you go ! I guess it's on ! Thanks guys. Now to pick a scheme for it....white over blue ? Yellow over blue ? Overalll EDSG with some orange panels ? Surely not yellow.....

:wacko:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Hemp with dayglo panels on the wings and fin?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Hmmm....maybe ! Might look a little to modern but we'll see. I've always been a fan of the RN plane guard helo's so might go that route.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Scratched the rest of the rivets off the Albatross.

Put a coat of flat black on the MG's guns.

Not much, but it's something !

Now, off to bed. Trying to get in shape for the Nationals next month. No beer  :unsure: and over 200k on the push bike since Monday.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Not much on the go. Dug out the Dart Herald and test fitted the engines. I have a few questions regarding how long the engines were and see where to go from there.

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Spent the last two evenings glueing bits to the MG. Pretty much done me thinks. Prob be sans a driver and co-pilot. But that's ok, I can always add them later or just leave them off. Now I just need to try my hand at weathering.

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Picking away at a few details again last night. I think I'm there. maybe. I just need to add the windscreen to it and I kind of have an idea of how I'm going to dirty it up.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?