The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Back from the land of the working ! Half day tomorrow then I'm off til' Christmas Day....and that's a holiday. And so is Boxing Day....and then it's Friday....and then it's the weekend  :thumbsup:

Anyway, got a little paint thrown on the Lightning. Ended up going ADV with a light grey ( Humbrol Satin 166 was close enough for me )

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Not much going on......the S-55 is on the back burner. Needed to get a wee bit of a start on clearing up before the Holidays.

I have the 2 Lightnings on the go now. The Hase one is almost done. I really should have gotten farther with it today but wasn't rally in the mood...too much to think about this time of year.

I think the Trump one will be NM. I have a few questions but I'll save them for the build thread.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 19, 2013, 08:16:16 PM

I have the 2 Lightnings on the go now. The Hase one is almost done. I really should have gotten farther with it today but wasn't rally in the mood...too much to think about this time of year.

Yup, far to easy to get side tracked. Have a good one Capt  :cheers:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

I have all these models finished, but need to do the photography to close out those threads....just worried that they will get trashed at the Christmas/ New Year's parties we have !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Absolutely nothing to report from this side of the pond. Been rather ill, and haven't mustered up the energy to even care !

Oh well, hoping by Sunday I can get some "me-model" time !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 26, 2013, 05:09:10 PM
Absolutely nothing to report from this side of the pond. Been rather ill, and haven't mustered up the energy to even care !

Get well soon Capt
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Thanks Chris ! We were working out in he feild all day, and thanks to vitamin c tablets, buckleys cold and sinus, coffee, Motrin, my lovely wife's homemade juice, a donut and some water....I made it through and I honk the fresh air certainly helped !

Anyway, made some good progress on the first Lightning. After talk on another thread about not overthinking everything I figured I'd just go for the finish.

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

Good morning Captain. Hope you're feeling a lot better today.

You said 'Boxing Day'! Didn't realise term was used outside the UK, but it makes sense for it to be used around the Empire.

World's Greatest Living Canadian William Shatner confused the world this week by mentioning Boxing Day on his Twitter feed.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Captain Canada

Morning Kit ! I am yes, thanks ! We were outdoors most of the day again and other than a few lingering cold symptoms pretty much good to go ! Still don't feel like having a beer tho, so I know I'm off ;-)

Still plugging away at he Lightning. Might have her done this weekend.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

Best thing for a cold, Captain, is a largish (not quite a double) single malt whisky with a splash of water in it just before bedtime. Works every time for me.
A blended scotch is almost as good, but avoid that bourbon  rubbish!
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Rheged

Quote from: kitbasher on December 29, 2013, 12:37:25 AM
Best thing for a cold, Captain, is a largish (not quite a double) single malt whisky with a splash of water in it just before bedtime. Works every time for me.
A blended scotch is almost as good, but avoid that bourbon  rubbish!

Bourbon  does have its place,  but that place is most emphatically NOT  in my glass.  A moderate  measure of a  single malt can do nothing but good.  Springbank from Campbeltown  and Highland Park from Kirkwall are currently my own preferences.

The head distiller at the Oban Distillery, when asked what to put in your malt  whisky  gave this response:-

"Gastronomically, a drop or two of water   is just fine, but from the distillery's commercial point of view, we don't care if you pee in it as long as you keep buying it!"
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kitbasher

Aaah, Springbank from The Toon (as I recall Campbeltown being known as when I briefly lived on Kintyre).

The Rat

Quote from: Rheged on December 29, 2013, 01:20:45 AMBourbon  does have its place,  but that place is most emphatically NOT  in my glass.

Ah, then you should try Basil Hayden's, a bourbon which, in my opinion, is made for people who don't like bourbon. The mash is not pure corn, but also contains some grains, some have described it as a blend of bourbon and rye. And the result is more than palatable, in fact it's one of my favourite tipples, and I've never been a bourbon fan. Expensive, but worth every penny.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Cleaned up all my stuff in preparation for the big party tomorrow....so prob no modeling until Thursday or later.

Stay tuned !

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Got the modelling stuff back out.....and with it came my newly acquired Airfix SA.330 Puma ! Almost finished it. Figured I'd start the year off with a fresh 'quick build' and get on track !

:thumbsup:

Guest, hockey on tele and my son has a game so the rest of the day will be a right off.

Cheers everybody !

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?