The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Well, the doc visit went pretty good. Said there isn't much evidence of bone growth, but it felt stable to him and my movement was pretty good and not painful, so I have a limited return to work date set for Oct. 1, 8 weeks since the accident. Not too shabby !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 11, 2015, 10:31:39 AM
...I have a limited return to work date set for Oct. 1...

Sorry to hear that...

Unless like me you're a casual with no sick pay or leave entitlement.  In which case, goodonyamate  :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Thanks ! No I have been paying into a system for 18 years so 8-12 weeks shouldn't be too much to ask  :thumbsup: Just hoping when my family doc sees this he's happy enough and agrees that I can return.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Glad it's healing mate.

Often wondered about sport related injuries and company sick schemes. They could be seen as self inflicted ? No idea how companies in the UK deal with that but I know things have changed since the 70's when the queue outside the firm's doctors office was a mile long with football related injuries ! Most were sustained whilst playing for one of the 15 teams Head Office fielded  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Ya they have some pretty good schemes now, my short-term disability was no problem at all. I think I get up to 13 weeks of that, and then would have to switch to long-term and less pay, but I should be back by then. The winter is our busy time as well, so I don't want to miss out and I'm a grafter at heart and would hate to have other folk doing my work for me, or being overworked.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Good news there, Captain! :thumbsup: But you'll have quite a lump on that collarbone when it's fully healed... That looks like a big space between the two parts of the bone... :o My dad broke both on cycling related crashes, the left when he was 23 and the right 4 years ago when he was 59, both look the same now... ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Thanks !

Well, a little too much carrying on this weekend, didn't get any modelling done as such. I am pretty much done the MG but never got the pics taken for the deadline. I'll probe throw them up later anyway, just to put paid to it and get it off the table  :blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Not much going on around here again.....an impropmtu party broke out yesterday afternoon and might have delayed anything else I had on the go. The after effects seem to have doomed today as well  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Woo Hoo ! Finally got some stuff done tonite !

Glued in the floor for the RATO on the Moose, and also cut out the wings to accomodate the doors.
Have the major structure of the Peashooter done.
Painted radials form the above, a Siskin, as well as 2 Gladiators.

See ? Not just working on one Rat !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Still BoB'ing over here ! I cleaned up the bench area today ( as well as a few other household chores ) and worked on the Peashooter, the Siskin, and the Gladiator. I'm missing a main piece of the landing gear on the Siskin, and think I may turn it into a floater, let's say participating off the back of a RCN warship in the theatre ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

I know I'm not supposed to, and I said I wouldn't, but as I'm sat here drinking my morning coffee I'm fondling the A400M and cleaning up the fuselage/ wings. I think I have an idea already.....pretty basic but it's one of my favourite aeroplane schemes and I think you guys will like it.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Update on health :

I had a tentative note from the ortho guys in London, ON, for a return to work with restrictions to my left arm on Oct.1. So I set up an appointment with my own Doc for yesterday, the 28th, just to check in with him and get his opinion. Whilst I'm in there talking to him, I receive a call and then text from the higher ups telling me that I won't be able to return to work with restrictions, I need to be 100% ready to do my job. My doc says no way. You aren't an office guy yadda yadda I can't do that. So he signs off a note saying that I won't be able to return until after my reassessment that is scheduled for Oct. 30th.

I leave the office.

As I'm walking to my truck my phone goes off again, the same higher ups telling me I can return to work restricted and to get a note from my doc saying so !

Yup.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Right and left hands spring to mind  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Ya brutal eh ? Oh well, at least now I don't have to worry about risking an injury whilst trying to do to much. Not much risk of that sat here holding down furniture  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Sounds like you work for Australia Post.
;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..