The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

More work on the A400. Got the fuselage together last night, the wings together with all of the flap fairing jack bullets. I was watching the ball games and had a few so it's easier to just clip/ clean and glue than to paint. That's my excuse anyway  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

oh, i would like to see that A400M of yours  :mellow:
is it going to be in RCAF colors (like i need to ask)  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

It's like you know me or something ! lol. RCAF Special Ops, no idea of a unit as yet but I'll look something up. Green ( well, two greens ) like the RAF Hercs ( btw, anybody know those colours ? ) and a two gray nacelle and or panel here and there.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Nowt on the go here. Picked up the Midge and looked at it. Put it down. I really need to finish a BoB bird and get my mojo back for that. I blame the baseball on tele, as well as the house reno work, and the bloody A400 that I said I wasn`t going to start lol

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

That A400's been quite a temptation, gotta be good... but i agree with the guys...  ;D

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Love it ! I'll start a new one tonite for that build with some pics  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

There's one pic over on my new A400 thread. I figure I'll just wait until she's done to add the rest. OOB so nothing really exciting. I think it'll look pretty cool tho. Making good progress on her anyway !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Got off my duff finally and did a wee bit this am. Started on the wheels for the A400, and did some work on a couple of the BoB builds. Really need to spend less time sat about looking at them and more time working on them.

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

There's some pics on my FaceBook page.
First one is the 1/72 Airfix Bristol Superfreighter with the luggage bay from a vacform Varsity used as a weapons bay. Gunship layout is from a 1/72 AC-119G and the stack is from the Airfix Rotodyne. Rotors and tail stabilizers/fins to be fitted. Vertical tail will be chopped down to size. Griffon engines off the Revell Shackleton MR3. Vipers jet exhaust over the wings.

left-hand-side
1/72 Revell Avro Shackleton MR3 with MR2 weapons bay, twin J57 jet engines off the B-47E and rounded wing tips MR2 resin.

Right-hand-side
Another Airfix Bristol Superfreighter, made a hash of the cockpit so I added the front half of the Rotodyne. RR Tyne turboprop engines from the Atlantic ATL1, hull is from a seaplane, upper radome is part of the stand for the Frog Shackleton. Tail is from the Grumman E-2 Hawkeye. everything else is scratch-built.

Captain Canada

Not a lot on the go here. Still working on the BoB stuff mostly. getting there tho ! I need to finish a couple and get some pics up, that will help.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Slow progress here....not sure what's on the go. I just don't feel like building. Well, I don't feel like doing anything ! Sad really. I need to get my head out of this funk. Hoping to start right now. I'm going to change my morning routine, and instead of being sedentary until the afternoon, I'm going to have a bowl of cereal ( when I'm finished this coffee ) and hit the exercise bike. Hopefully that wakes me up !

And hopefully something to actually report later as well.

:rolleyes:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Hasn't been a lot to report around here. Been on a bit of a mission of late to 'declutter' the joint. Amassing too much stuff, toy cars and aeros, lego, kits, started, hald started, finished, books, motorcycles, motorcycle parts, bicycles, bicycle parts, wood working tools, mechanics tools etc etc....kinda driving me nuts !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Obviously you need more storage space.  :wacko:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

That's a can of worms Rat ! When we built the house we modified the basement, but it didn't turn out the way we wanted. It might be changed again....also, the 'hockey room' takes up a huge chuck or square footage. Not much you can do in there as everything would be ruined by flying, hardened rubber. I alos screwed up by declining to have the entire basement wired, as I was still planning how I wanted it. Ugh, Oh well, that plan is also in the works so there may be a dedicated bike shop/ hobby/ paint shop in the basement in the next year.

I don't have a garden shed of yet, so my garage is packed. I built the 'moto bunk beds' to help, but....there is plenty of room in the attic, I just need to get off my duff and modify it for easier access and storage.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?