The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Actually 'fondling plastic' ( as my lovely wife calls it ) today ! Been working on my ship for the GB. I really should be doing other, real life stuff but screw it  :drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

I was on a roll until that work trip. Too bad really. I was making great progress on the ship. And just like every other build, somat shows up and throws a wrench into things..... :banghead: I've got two more days at home before I start work again. Tomorrow I have a few things to do and then Tuesday it's up to Toronto to pick up my daughter as she returns form Scotland. Hopefully today I can sit for a bit and get a few things done !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Still nothing on the go here, sadly. I took some of my modelling stuff out of the back room and into the daylight, but that's about it ! Not sure what the problem is, but I'd say it's really just a collection of things. Work, kids, heat, exhaustion, dirt bikes and racing....really don't have time for much except the odd minute or two drinking a coffee as right now !

I also think that not having a dedicated hobby room is the major culprit. I used to build in the family 'rec' room downstairs, but as the kids have grown and moved to new bedrooms down there, we've turned one of the upstairs rooms into a 'sitting and tv' room. Now the wifey sits there and watches her tele and reads, and the kids hog the basement, leaving me out. I don't want to clog up the new room with my 'junk'. After moto season is over I'm going to make an effort to build a work station in the basement, as well as a small desktop area in the new 'sitting' room, to be build in the former closet there. Then if I can build or buy a little box to easily pack my supplies I'll be back in the game. Plus it will be winter and us Canadians are more likely to hibernate then lol

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

If you can get somewhere dedicated it'll be great Capt', if not then just chill until you feel like getting back to it. As you say it'll soon be the season to stay in up here in the Northern Hemisphere.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Real life is always getting in the way, but like Chris said, just hang tough and soon you'll find time and motivation. :thumbsup:
And i also agree, a dedicated workspace helps a lot in getting one motivated... i know it got me going, i've already built and finished more in a full year of having the bench set up, than in the previous 2 years of modeling on the living room table. And the airbrush/compressor setup also helped a lot with getting better results, ever thought of trying it out? It's also a fun tool to use. :thumbsup:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Thanks guys. Once motocross season is over I hope to get back at it. I'll make a little section in the corner of the basement for me and my builds. I do have an airbrush as well, just too lazy to use it  :thumbsup:

The bikes I have bought over the last year are defo part of the problem. I've collecting old Yammies, borderline hoarding, and now I have stuff piled on top of stuff.

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

Have you thought about building a garden shed? :banghead:

Captain Canada

That's been in the plan, but money always runs out before it can happen lol. Truth is, the house is big enough to make a spot for myself, it's really just a matter of time/money and too many hobbies !

:wacko:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Sat down on the deck last night with the missus in the beauty August air and started work on a Hobbycraft F-89H Scorpion. Lots of detail on this one, is it theirs ? Of course the instructions are crazy as usual, and the pilots seat is kinda upside down. Not really bothered tho. Hope to finish it for the Navy GB. But alas, nowt done today, take the daughter to work, dental visit soon, then a dinner party. Then off to a wedding up in Parry Sound all weekend.... :rolleyes:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

Thanks for sorting out those pictures for me on my blog and builds in progress.

Captain Canada

No worries it's a lot easier than you think  :thumbsup: I can stick some in the other threads as well if you'd like.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

As per usual the pace has dropped off. Only got so far on the F-89 as we got busy here readying for our road trip. Back home on Monday and hope to have it done before we depart again on Friday ! Cheers everybody and have a great weekend !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

You too, Captain! Enjoy the real life, models can wait! :thumbsup:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Thanks ! For sure. Been a great weekend with the family. Leaving for the wedding soon and the venue for that is just spectacular
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Wedding was outside on the water, behind the Stockey Centre. Gorgeous.

The fam all dolled up

In model news, been going off and on all day with the Scorpion, certainly enjoying it !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?