The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

I gotta say I really like the look of this Puma....and I think you guys will too ! Just a real simple back story as well. Works for me !

Just added the landing gear, need to add all the 'fidly' bits and she's done.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Pretty much done. One set of the little steps under the sliding doors broke apart, but I salvaged one bit to make it look 'close' enough. The kit was one Dave at my LHS found in the back of the shop when he was cleaning up, so the plastic was extremely brittle. Must have been dry or cold or somat for a lot of years ?

I go on days off Wednesday at noon, and plan on a major photo shoot or two. I have a cable to run to my tv, so I'm going to use background pics from my collection as well as from the 'net to try and make the photos look a little more believable.

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Done, done, and done ! Just added a few extra stencil type decals, and glues the tail rotor on. Done !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Thought I was done....noticed a paint screw up as I had to scrape some plastic away to add the engine filters. Oh well, rectified now !

Also added the last decals and the pitot and refueling probe to the lightning. Quick drop of paint either tonite or tomorrow and she's also done.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Lightning is done.

I asked a friend if I could borrow his Nikon tomorrow and try and do some photos. My camera is pretty much kaput. Been dropped/ beaten/ abused too many times. I've taken it all over the country in backpacks, truck seats, motorcycles etc etc....the 30-50 lens is completely screwd and the old 200mm is pretty much toast now as well.

As for modelling, decided to finish one of the Sea Things that Army of Hank sent me. And might as well make it Army eh ? CDN Army !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Not much going on here.....forgot to get the camera from my buddy, and another busy hockey weekend. I'm on call for a job at 5am, so no beer equals no motivation !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Got more done that I thought ! Should be decalling the Sea King tomorrow....sourced most of them out. Yippee !

Now, if I wasn't so afraid to take photos I'd be all set  :banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

So another set of days off goes by with no photos.....fear and laziness. I don't know why I get this way. But it's mostly because I look at the finished model, and it looks awesome.....then I photograph it and it's like 'meh'.

Anyway....on with the Sea King build. I think it looks awesome  :thumbsup:

It's amazing how little bits and bobs and srencils really bring a kit to life. The old Airfix Sea King.... :wub:

No progress this weekend, the boy is in a hockey tourney in Detroit, the Motown Cup ! Check the hockey thread for updates  :thumbsup: Go Sting !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Boys won 'er ! 1-0 in the final, boy set up the game winner  :thumbsup:

Tired and straight back to work...so no progress to report. I did a little army markings research, and scraped off the decals I made wrong. I am second guessing putting new ones on, as the Sea Thing, in this paint scheme, looks better without them I think. Also, might move them from the green part of the fuselage to the yellow on the nose. Decisions decisions..... :cheers:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Not much going on here.

The new GR.3 is supposed to be in in the next couple of weeeks. Looking forward to grabbing a few and getting onto the Harrier builds.

We have extremely busy work/hockey/school schedule right now so it's hard to get any 'plastic' time. Maybe tonite ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Slapped together a GR.1 last night, to the point where I'm at landing gear.....felt good ! I need to 'slap together' more models ! Fun, easy and relaxing !

Anyway, I think this one will be green and yellow as a CDN Army aviation trainer. Prob do the other GR.1 very similar, only with orange areas as a CDN Marines example.

:tornado: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Pellson

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 25, 2014, 07:48:01 AM
Slapped together a GR.1 last night, to the point where I'm at landing gear.....felt good ! I need to 'slap together' more models ! Fun, easy and relaxing !

Agree. I have passed that superresinandetchdetailingprepostwashingfivecoatsoflacquer hell and gotten out on the other side. A much funnier side. Anything you can't build relaxed shouldn't be built.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Captain Canada

More Harrier bits done and a coat of green slapped on her. Slapping is my new way of doing things I guess !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Started 'slapping' together a second GR.1 tonite. Loves me some Harriers I tells ya ! Hope to grab at least a pair of GR.3s next week, plus a third 2-seater, and maybe a few more if there's anything in that little shop in Hamilton ( if I can get there when Bill is open ! ) But I'll also be stopping at a bigger shop in Kitchener, ON. I am hoping to find the USS Burton Island kit, as well as ( maybe ) the Soyus ice breaker ( or whatever it's called ) I'd love to have a go at casting that Beaver in 350 scale so I can pass some around.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

No pics yet. But this time....I promise to borrow buddies camera and take the pics !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?