The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

No blood on the styrene.
I'd have stabbed myself at least once doing that.
Well done!
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

I wear contacts, so I have to take them out, put on my glasses so I can see the piece to pick it up, then put those on top of my head so I can focus on the piece, and turn on every light in the house ! lol

:o ;D
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Cheers Chris.

Hacking away at her this am. Coffee instead of beer lol. Getting ready to add a flight deck.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Nice work, Captain, the cheap detailing is paying off very well! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

So what's she going to be Cap't ? Hybrid battleship/carrier ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Battle carrier ? I'm still working on her so I'll start a thread soon. Also need to acquire some 600 scale a/c.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 15, 2016, 04:43:21 AM
Nice to get some building done this week ! Thanks to the board admins and to the guys that run the GBs. Allof your hard work is appreciated !

Two done this week....wow lol. But somehow, I don't think the little T2-v will really prepare you for launching and recovering  the Sea Scorpion  :thumbsup:

Glorious!!!   I really like your style, CC. 
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 21, 2016, 04:50:14 AM
Cheers Chris.

Hacking away at her this am. Coffee instead of beer lol. Getting ready to add a flight deck.

<picture>

This will be good. First time I heard of or saw a battle carrier was in the game Warship Gunner 2.  I was like.... "No way!!!" 

Very cool subject matter.
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

I just found this really cool story about the Scorpion:

"In 1956, An Obsolete WW2 Drone Took on Two State-of-the-Art Manned Jet Fighters Over the US – And Won"
https://www.warhistoryonline.com/instant-articles/in-1956-an-obsolete-ww2-drone-took-on-two-state-of-the-art-manned-jet.html

A small excerpt: 

The Hellcat hadn't hit Palmdale, but some of the rockets had, starting fires in and around the city. A piece of shrapnel shot through the window of Edna Carlson's house, bounced off her ceiling, burst through a wall, and finally parked inside one of her kitchen cabinets. More fragments punched through JR Hingle's garage, shot through his living room, and nearly hit his wife.

Larry Kempton was driving on Palmdale Blvd. with his mother when a rocket exploded in front of his car. It took out his left tire, radiator, hood, and windshield. At Placerita Canyon, two men had just left their truck to have lunch when a rocket blew it up.

Has illustrations, as well, such as:

-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Never realised how big the Scorpion or its rockets were before  :o The pilot gives it scale and I think it's the first time I've seen the pods without their cover on.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

That's awesome ! Thanks for the link.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

My pleasure, friends. Ever so often I come across these amusing stories and this was a happy coincidence because of your Scorpion, CC.

Chris-  Yeah, that's what I thought, too. Bigger than I was thinking. I also saw a picture of a man standing on the wing of a Prowler the other day and it blew me away. He looked so small. I didn't realize that plane was that size, either. 

I'll be honest, I'd never heard of the computer guided rocket system.  If only they had paid more attention this incident when it came time for the Phantom.
-Sprues McDuck-