Captain Canada

I'm home ! Yay ! What an awesome trip. 15 wells in 11 days. Phew
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Time for a little R&R, then! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Glad to have you back, Captain Sir! :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Thanks guys !

Nothing on the go around here. The boy had hockey all weekend, 6 games in fact ( 5-0-1 for champs, boy scored 5 goals and 11 or more assists  :thumbsup: )

I return to work tomorrow, so that will also put a damper on things. I usually go all-out in a house cleaning/ sorting binge on my last day off, so hopefully that will bring back a wee bit of my mojo. In truth, as I was sorting and clearing last month I still have stuff to put away. The plan was to build a new shelf, for ongoing projects, both the boys RC and fishing stuff, my models, as well as the real-life motorcycle/ bicycle stuff. As always, money runs out before ideas, so I have to await my pay until I can grab a few bits and bobs to do the shelving unit.

Model wise, I want to finish my 2 old kits for the build. But that is slow as usual as I keep thinking ofother things, like submarine carriers  :thumbsup:

I've also been day dreaming of an early ship-borne AEW platform, sort of like a Beaufighter. With Shak engines. Then I think using a Shak forward fuselage might be the way to go.....stay tuned  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Have I not ever posted pics of my twin Spitfire from the BoB build ? Strange...I finished it but I don't see it in the finished builds thread d'oh !  :banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Been away working in Illinois, but finally back at the 'bench' ! Spent a few hours last night watching tele and working on that old A-10/ Prowler mash-up. Pics to follow !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Ok, I'll get some pics of the Twin up this week.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

OK will do ! The Prowlerhog is coming along nicely as well! I need to figure out a scheme for it tho. I'm thinking it's carrier based, Navy, but can also be a shore launched marines or AF bird. I'd like to do it dark and dirty like an early NATO A-10, but an all over grey might look more believable.... :o
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 20, 2016, 02:26:51 PM
OK will do ! The Prowlerhog is coming along nicely as well! I need to figure out a scheme for it tho. I'm thinking it's carrier based, Navy, but can also be a shore launched marines or AF bird. I'd like to do it dark and dirty like an early NATO A-10, but an all over grey might look more believable.... :o

Get crazy and combine the best of both worlds with maybe a tri color camo..like... grey, light grey, and white or something.  :D :D  :::shrug::;  Or not.  lol
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Flyer on November 20, 2016, 05:09:40 PM
I'd like to see it dark and dirty, but gray shouts Navy. I see your issue here... :-\

Build a second one. ;D

I support the motion of a second one! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

I had originally planned on building it in 72nd scale. I do have the kits around somewhere..... :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 20, 2016, 02:46:16 PM
Quote from: Captain Canada on November 20, 2016, 02:26:51 PM

Get crazy and combine the best of both worlds with maybe a tri color camo..like... grey, light grey, and white or something.  :D :D  :::shrug::;  Or not.  lol

There is always the JAWS pattern...
http://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/a-10/a-10_jaws1.shtml
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Cool. Forgot all about that ! When we were kids we thought the a/c was called the A-10 Jaws !

:lol:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?