The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

I hadn't seen that scheme.  How 'bout that... pretty cool.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

I'd call it "pea gravel on the bottom of a creek."   LOL
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

I bit of fittin' and sorting last night. Really got nothing done tho....watching the Grey Cup, UFC, and a beer seemed to keep one of my hands occupied lol

:wacko:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Quote from: Flyer on November 27, 2016, 10:46:45 PM
I thought that scheme was known as "Lizard" or something like that, not heard of it called "Jaws". I like the scheme regardless of what it's called though. :thumbsup:

Word was that it was pretty effective but the USAF never went for it.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Oh well at least I got something done around here....another shelf to hide bike parts and half built models  :thumbsup: I'm defo hoping that some organizing will clear my head....

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

It will, just don't give up! I keep taking breaks from my own fall cleaning and it's dragging onnnnnn and onnnnn....

Looks like a nice result right there, though, and motivation to keep going, I'd say. I know it always seems to help me if I can just get one section or one shelf or one bin cleaned up and organized.

I like your lights in the table under plexiglass bit you have goin on there and nice shelves!! I want to make about 4 million some day myself.
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

A good set of shelve does solve a lot of problems.
A good trash can solves the rest.....
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Amen Brother ! I've always held on to my old aero mags. I like looking through them but I think it's time to start binning a few  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

I had to do that with a bunch of mags. Dumped an entire set of encyclopedias from the basement as no one was using them and all out of date
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

And all of the built kits..... :banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

No!!! Not those!!
If you throw them away, throw them my way!
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

Yeah send them to Kerick or at least sell 'em on Ebay for $5 a piece or something ya heretic.  lol   ;)   :P    ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

I'd have to check shipping prices, but possibly. Maybe smuggle them into the States and then ship them from there.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

If anything, to avoid a bit of regret? I threw away a ton of stuff when I was a kid that I built as a kid and kick myself for it now... I had tons of cool stuff ranging from WWII bombers to Star Trek to dually pick up trucks. None of it was properly built or finish and was all "garbage" compared to some finished kit by someone knowing what they are doing but if I still HAD all that stuff now?! I could repair it, fix it, build it, bash it, etc. In the least, I could have given it to someone else.  I regret my foolishness!  Your models being good as they are, someone would definitely want them. Of course, bundling them up to be shipped can be a pain but if someone is getting them free or for cost to have them shipped I doubt they would mind gluing things back together so I don't imagine elaborate safeguarding would be needed. Huck it in a box with some tissue paper and write fragile on it and call it good. "some assembl required... "   LOL

Save the whales? Heck, save the styrene!  :D
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

A large number of models I built way back when met their fate via BB gun or firecrackers!
Tophe the Wise