The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Good boy ! lol I tried going off the pain meds today.....bad idea. I was so sore and aching I could hardly move ! I think they get pretty rough with you when they're wrestling your bones back together ! I'm going to try again tomorrow, it is the weekend lol
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Stay on the pain meds! Its better in the long run. :thumbsup:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on May 04, 2017, 03:43:18 PM
Stay on the pain meds! Its better in the long run. :thumbsup:

Yup always complete the course of medication you are prescribed, be it pain med's or anti-biotics.

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 04, 2017, 03:16:06 PM
I think they get pretty rough with you when they're wrestling your bones back together !

From memory yes ! It was very painfull, but it worked  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 04, 2017, 03:16:06 PM
I think they get pretty rough with you when they're wrestling your bones back together !

A couple of years ago I had an operation for a double hernia. At the post-op appointment I had with the surgeon I asked him why all my shoulders, and neck felt like I had been run over by a truck. He started to laugh and I ask what was funny about it --- apparently as they were stitching my stomach back up, I started to come around and then proceeded to get off the operating table, everybody in the room just jumped on me to pin me down ------    :o   

I had wondered why when I left the hospital the day of the operation, I had noticed there was a large group of nurses standing behind the receptionist' counter just watching me -----   :rolleyes:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Weird thing Todd, I don't remember anything about it happening ----  :o
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

I've heard some amazing stories from a couple of nurses of my acquaintance about things people do whilst under anesthetic  :o
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Heal up quick, dude! That sounds like a big ol pain the butt...   
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 04, 2017, 09:18:20 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 04, 2017, 06:17:16 AM
Quote from: zenrat on May 04, 2017, 04:24:25 AM
Can you lift a beer with it?

That's why you have two hands  :cheers:

The difficult thing when one handed is opening the flippin' bottles or cans  :banghead:

Nah! that's why you need one of these Todd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W02C75-adA

Beer with dog slobber round the neck of the bottle.  Not my cup of tea.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Cheers guys !

One week in. Defo feeling better. Stopped taking pain meds so I can have a few pops. Up to two so far lol. The arm is feeling a lot stronger, too strong. I have to be very cognisant about what I'm doing. I'm not wearing the sling as much as it seems to have caused a rash, so the freedom makes a guy like me vulnerable to doing somat stupid. So I'm gonna go park myself and watch the MotoGP races. good excuse lol

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

I say that's a damn good excuse for someone recovering from surgery, take it easy, Captain! :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Cheers ! I defo took it a lot easier today.  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Just do what the docs say so you don't end up doing it over again! Once is enough!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

lol that's half the problem, I never got to talk to him afterwards about limitations so I'm (trying ) to play it smart  :thumbsup:

Still wish the original doc would have repaired it 2 years ago when it happened !

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..