The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Started playing with my toys at the new shack ! Mostly just been cleaning and clearing out. Sadly, some half builts will be lost.....

Wanted to do a crash dio with this one. Had a pilot running away from the about to explode Hurricane. Gone Hollywood I guess lol

You cannot view this attachment.
This one was going to be a mid -80s 409 Nighthawk.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

This one had a big story planned. CCG chopper patrolling the upper St. Lawrence spotted the periscope of a submerged foreign  submarine. Borrowed a net from a near by fishing boat, and dropped it on said sub, jamming it's prop and rudder.... You cannot view this attachment.
Notice the two Spanish kill marks. Canada, no longer supported by the US or the EU, bought Chinese, and the Turbot War with Spain really took off.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.       
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

The Sea Hurricane seems to be a joint Canadian-Australian operation aircraft. ;D  ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

That AN 2 is looking a bit worse for wear and that Argosy seems to need parts 😀
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 30, 2023, 12:40:12 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on August 29, 2023, 10:54:55 PM.......and that Argosy seems to need parts 😀

Yeah, like WINGS!  :o
And engines..landing gear..tailplane ..interior..if it had one ..just a couple of parts  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

McColm

You could try using a C-119 as the donor to the Argosy it worked well in 1/72 scale so it should work fine in 1/144.

Captain Canada

Sorry I never saved the text for the Argosy pic ! That's the project I was working on last night. Going to be RAF, either same camo used in the Falklands as the Hercules, or with 6-blades props and in that lovely all green Herc scheme.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 29, 2023, 07:09:51 PMThe Sea Hurricane seems to be a joint Canadian-Australian operation aircraft. ;D  ;)

That one took me a minute lol
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

That's MUCH better Cap'n!

That's the RAF version with the beaver tail, don't see too many like that, for real or as a kit. Which kit is it please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Hi Kit, it's the MicroMir one, in 1/144th scale. The details look excellent, but she's alot of fiddling to get any sort of fit !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Magic thanks, it'd make a nice pairing with the Micro Mir Beverley, which I've had 'on build for at least two years........ :(

Regards
Kit

Mossie

An Argosy in a tac scheme will look good.

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 01, 2023, 10:46:09 PMYou cannot view this attachment.

Kit, looking at the instructions I can see the tail boom and nacelle would be ripe for adding longer wings, like a more modern Bristol 138...
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Mossie on September 02, 2023, 08:26:16 AMKit, looking at the instructions I can see the tail boom and nacelle would be ripe for adding longer wings, like a more modern Bristol 138...

Who would want to do a crazy thing like that though?  ;)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?