The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

Quote from: Mossie on September 02, 2023, 08:26:16 AMKit, looking at the instructions I can see the tail boom and nacelle would be ripe for adding longer wings, like a more modern Bristol 138...

Or put a flying boat hull on it. Had that idea many years ago.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

McColm

Could convert the engines to jets, or the two outer ones with propellers on the two inner ones.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Thinking about a modern, stretched Argosy. Also wasn't to modernize the Beverly. You cannot view this attachment.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Was cleaning and organizing last night. Saw this box and had an idea. I thought a twin engine would look better, but that era would have been a single engine.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Defo melencholy throwing out half a life's worth of built kits. I needed it tho. Hopefully my continued clean out will keep me moving. 
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 09, 2023, 02:11:24 PMDefo melencholy throwing out half a life's worth of built kits. I needed it tho. Hopefully my continued clean out will keep me moving. 

:-\  :-\  :-\  We need a crying emoji.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

McColm

kerick

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 09, 2023, 02:11:24 PMDefo melencholy throwing out half a life's worth of built kits. I needed it tho. Hopefully my continued clean out will keep me moving. 

So      Many.       Whiff.        Parts!

Actually I know what you mean. Between my own model and woodworking projects and the stuff still my Dad's shop there is quite a bunch. There is still a pine log in the lathe that he was going to make a lamp out of.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

I'll NEVER be able to do that, my heirs will have that job. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

😭

Still just remember they went to Kit Valhalla  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Had to put my best friend down this week. Had a tumor in his neck. Sad times around the shack
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?