The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

:banghead: :banghead:Hey why not !

I was just thinking....mental notes fade away. Writing stuff on paper gets lost. Etc, etc !

:tornado:

And it is almost " the winter of our discount tent " and I'll be back at the 'table' more often than not.....

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rheged

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

And it is almost " the winter of our discount tent " 

Amazing bloke, Bill Shakespeare, a phrase for every eventualty.

Just wait until the sun returns and it's "Once more to the beach dear friends.....!"  as he had Henry say.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Captain Canada

LOL....

For today, I'm going to try and work on the Devastator, a pair of Boomerangs, and a Spitfire F.22. All in Australian service during WWII. I'm thinking some kind of attack scenario, with the group of them going after  Japanese airfields or something.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Quote from: Rheged on November 09, 2013, 06:33:59 AM
Quote from: Captain Canada on November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

And it is almost " the winter of our discount tent " 

Amazing bloke, Bill Shakespeare, a phrase for every eventualty.

Just wait until the sun returns and it's "Once more to the beach dear friends.....!"  as he had Henry say.

An adequate wordsmith.  :lol:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Absolutely zero progress last night. I tripped over a beer in the parking lot of the boys game......and then another. I found some of that maple Crown Royal helped ease the pain tho....

:blink:

I did manage to dig the Valiant kit out of the stash. What a beauty....

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 10, 2013, 07:57:24 AMI did manage to dig the Valiant kit out of the stash. What a beauty....

Fondled mine a few times, wondering if my meagre skills can do it justice.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Yes...I think the same thing.

Finished up the last bits of the Dauntless today. Now decaling the 2 Boomerangs and the Spit. I seem to have 3x decal sheets for the Airfix Boomerang kit, but only one set of landing gear/ wheels, and a single canopy and prop ! Oh well, sure I can come up with something !

These little beasts have been holding me up on my bench for far too long....need to finish them and then get on with something else. Hopefully finish off a bunch more half-starts.

Cheers !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Still no luck on that canopy...did a bunch of searching. Found myself quite frustrated looking through box after box of half built kits. I had composed a list of all my unfinished threads from the site, but of course have lost that amongst the wreckage....

:angry: :unsure: :blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

The Spit and the Boomerangs are pretty much ready to go.....if I get a chance to 'chill' tonite, they will be finished and posted..... :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Decided to add some armament to one of the Boomerangs, in the form of some underwing rockets and a centreline bomb. I noticed a big screw up in the way that I had built the pair of them as well....but more on that when I post the pics.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Father Ennis

THE WORLD HAS COME TO AN END !!!!!!   You made a mistake !!!  Say it isn't true ...

Captain Canada

LOL...no doubt !  :thumbsup:

I added the underwing rockets to the Boomerang. Think it kinda ruins the look,  as in the Harvard wing. But oh well, she's gonna stay that way !

No updates this weekend. Boy is in a hockey tourney out of town. Go Sting !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Lots of progress tonite.....I take sooo long to finish a kit. I have to admit, once I get it to a certain stage, I spend too much time looking, thinking, flying, touch-and-goes.....I just need to finish !

Got one Boomerang completed, and the other almost. The second was a lot of work : no gear, no canopy, no prop...but all that is remedied now. Ended up with a Malcolm hood and a winscdreen from the spares box. Prop looks kind wide, like a FW190 maybe. Hopefully get some pics up on Wednesday.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Just a tailhook to sort out, a few fiddly bits and all done with the prop jobs for now. I was going to go all-in with Harriers, but figure I'll try and finish a few half-starts in the meantime, like my Iranian J-? Flying Leopard. I'll wait til I get my paws on the GR.1 and 3 before doing the Harrier bit.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Army of One

Hope to see a pic of the malcolm hood boomerang.........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!