The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Parisian. It's actually kind of confusing, as I learned Quebecois as a child. But the basis is the same, the nous allons vous avez stuff, and learning the male vs. female aspect as well as plurals etc.

A friend had an exchange student from France a few years back, and he couldn't understand a darn thing I said ! It was actually kind of weird....

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 27, 2013, 04:25:40 AM
learning the male vs. female aspect as well as plurals etc.

It was the male/female thing that threw me at school (I know other languages use it and perhaps English is just lazy ?) Could never get my head around it and our French master wasn't very forgiving ! Dropped it at the first opportunity. Now wish I'd persevered  :banghead: Strangely I can get the gist of written French. All those years of reading official EU documents in multi languages plus faxes etc from our French colleagues. Everyone else used English, have to admire the French for using their own language  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Being a French Canadian, I've been mad at myself for not learning it proper. Growing up, it was mandatory throughout grade school and for 1 year in high school. It was so easy in grade 9 that I breezed through it and took the pass and walked away. I should have moved up a level and tried....anyway, I'm determined this time !

As for modelling, the Boomerangs are done and dusted. Got a base coat on the Fulmar as well. I was going to up-gun it to a pair of 20mm for each wing, but widened up and decided to just finish the darn thing !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 28, 2013, 07:12:55 AM

It was the male/female thing that threw me at school

How old were you when you got over that, Chris?  There doesn't appear to be any confusion these days.

Well, not much.... ;)
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on November 29, 2013, 02:43:14 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on November 28, 2013, 07:12:55 AM

It was the male/female thing that threw me at school

How old were you when you got over that, Chris?  There doesn't appear to be any confusion these days.

Well, not much.... ;)

Believe you me women still confuse the hell out of me  :blink:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

...and any man that says otherwise is lying  :thumbsup:

No work today. Installing shelves in the bathroom closet and then cleaning. Yuck.

:banghead:

If I get a few chores done tho, I might be able to sneak in a little 'bench' time.

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Not much on the go around here...it's the weekend, hockey and beer etc.

I did get a little work done on the Fulmar, hope to be posting a few pics in that thread sometime today.

Feels good to be getting stuff done. I have also started cleaning up the storage side of the basement. My out of control hobby seems to have taken over the whole thing.....Bought some cheap plastic storage boxes at the dollar store to start organizing the half builts. Looks cleaner and also keeps the cat at bay !

:banghead: :thumbsup: :tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

A little more organizing and a wee bit more done on the Fulmar. I have the camo pretty much finished ( actually put on the upper wing roundels to finish of my night  :thumbsup: ). A little more detail work around the windows, and the gear will be going on right before the bombs. Still sousing out landing gear for the back of the bombs ( have to dig into the Harrier section, as a few of the kits have the extra bits for in flight vs. grounded ) as well as JATO pods. Might have to scratch those up if I can't find them. But come to think of it, they might be in the Harrier pile as well !

Too many kits, too many ideas.....

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Yes me buddies we're on the home stretch now ! I might open a pint ( or two ) of Guinness and try and finish her. So for today it's been :

-Finished the new demarcation of the fuselage camo
-finished painting canopy frames
-touched up the gear bays and doors
-painted the spinner in ___ Sqn. colours, and added the prop tip yellow

OK, enough talk, back to work !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Glad I stayed up....just watched a Greatest Tank Battle episode about the Pershing and Super Pershing. Wow. Now I want to build one of those !
:tank:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Sourced out the tail wheel extension and the JATOs. Also did the bathroom closet door  :thumbsup:

Chickened out on getting the kid a bike tho. The exchange rate added an extra $200 to the total, and then importing it would cost another 3-500 in taxes ! Too rich this close to Christmas.....darn.

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Pretty sure I'm done gluing all the bits on. Do some weathering tonite and maybe change the colour of the JATO bottles ( they were dark  green like a GR.5 Harrier they were going on  :thumbsup: )

Also dug out the J-7 Flying Leopard. Touched up and otherwise sorted the upper camo colours. It is going to be IIRAF. Thought I had started a thread on that one years ago, but it might have been on the old site.

:cheers:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 04, 2013, 12:20:16 PM
( they were dark  green like a GR.5 Harrier they were going on  :thumbsup: )

JATO bottles on a Harrier?  :unsure:

Brings new meaning to the term 'Jump Jet'!   :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

LOL...for sure ! I've oft had plans for a legless Harrier, or a slingSHAR as I called it. More room for fuel with no gear  :thumbsup: Also like the idea of JATO to get off the ground with a big load and minimum fuel burn. So many things you can do with an aeroplane as great as a Harrier !

:wub: :wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Sounds more like a ZELL Harrier to me which other than the ability to land vertically would make the whole idea behind the harrier rather pointless.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....