The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Ended up getting a second decal on ! Same one, other side.

Also got my Army GR.5 clear coated in preparation for the never-ending decal process  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Been dead in the water here since I had to clear up on the weekend. Also trying to get a few bedroom renos done as a surprise for my daughter when she gets home from a week long school trip.

The problem with clearing off the work 'bench', is that I'm reluctant to bring all the stuff back out and now I'm eying up other kits and fondling them.....instead of building ! I think I'd better get a few Harriers back on the deck eh ?!

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 22, 2014, 07:22:25 PM
I think I'd better get a few Harriers back on the deck eh ?!

Yes mate, you should.

I'm lucky in having a dedicated model room but when I do clear the decks as I do a couple of times a year I find it re-invigorates the modelling mojo
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Alright ! Getting them back on the go. Going to try and start sipmle.....like 2 at a time  :blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Yup. Going with the plan  :thumbsup: No, seriously ! Working on 2. And only 2. And they were picked in order. It's not a deal, nor a test, nor a love of something fated. It's just two GR.1s.

Decalling at about 40 % on the Army one, just put a clear coat on the Marines bird.

Yay ! It's progress !

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 25, 2014, 06:59:15 PM
Working on 2. And only 2.

Okay folks, step up and place your bets on how long THAT will last!  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

I may or may not have been fondling other plastic last night.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 26, 2014, 07:08:33 AM
I may or may not have been fondling other plastic last night.

"I cannot comment on plastic which I have not seen, or which does not exist." The Rob Ford defence.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Captain Canada

What he said !

Nothing to report. Kid had moto all weekend and I got called back into work 2 days early.

:banghead: :thumbsup: :tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Late home from work. Dinner with the fam, then hockey on tele spoiled my plans.... :blink:

I did manage to dig up a few old ideas while perusing the kit stash. I found a 144th scale Constellation partially hacked up, along with the broken up componenets of a 72nd scale Lightning ( P-38 ) which are to become a 'Constellightning' transport.

Also found in a 144th scale Lancaster box two sprues containing the Storm Shadows and SCALPs from the 72nd scale Revell AG Typhoon kit. I think they were to become engine nacelles for a 'SuperLanc' Oi...too many ideas..... :unsure:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Busy at work and watching hockey. Nothing but fondling at the moment.....after finding the Typhoon missiles yesterday, I dug a bit further today and came up with the whole kit. Want to use some of the other AAMs on one or two of the Harriers.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Out of town working for the week. Was so busy getting the stuff ready for moto that I forgot to pack some plastic or even and aeroplane magazine !

Ugh.....

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

No plastic. No books. No magazines. Photobucket won't let me upload so I can't even do that.....ugh, Good thing I brought Harry the road trip Harrier !

:thumbsup: :banghead: :unsure:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Went on a wild goose chase looking for a hobby shop....no dice. Stopped at three diferent stores looking for a magazine......no dice. Photobucket still won't upload my pics.... Good thing there is beer and hockey ! And Harry  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 06, 2014, 07:58:48 PM
Went on a wild goose chase looking for a hobby shop....no dice. Stopped at three diferent stores looking for a magazine......no dice. Photobucket still won't upload my pics.... Good thing there is beer and hockey ! And Harry  :thumbsup:

Only hobby shop I know of down there is Niagara Cantral Hobbies, 395 St. Paul St. East, in St. Catharines. Stopped in a few months ago, not a huge selection, more into model railroad stuff if I recall correctly. GPS location is: 43.160842,-79.241091