The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Just messing around with the aModel C-123 kit. Drilling out the slots to attach the wings.

And an idea of the Chinook. Pretty much a copy of that USAAF test bird, but will have CDN markings, of course  :thumbsup:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

A pic from last week ( I think ? ) when I was starting a few more choppers. Have gotten a lot further than this now  :thumbsup:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

The second and third Chinooks are stalled. Missing the cockpit and floor of one....no idea where it went !

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Looks like I started a Twotter on the weekend. Silly me. I had wanted to do one for my Army build, and then I was sitting up watching Ice Pilots on Saturday night, next thing I know I'm digging out my old Williams Bros. C-46 and an Italeri Dakota to compare sizes....unbeknownst to me there was a Twin Otter in the Williams box ! Oh what to do ? Snip snip glue glue..... :drink:

So now I'm led to believe that I might as well do the trio, and add the Beaver and Otter, but I think they are both floaters sand landing gear. And I don't feel like adding to my misery by trying to scratch that up.

And if I do those two I might as well do a Caribou as well. Right ? And then stop there. Before it's too late  :blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 23, 2014, 07:24:13 AM
And if I do those two I might as well do a Caribou as well. Right ? And then stop there. Before it's too late  :blink:

Naah, you KNOW you want to do a Buffalo to complete the set.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 23, 2014, 12:57:00 PM
Quote from: Captain Canada on December 23, 2014, 07:24:13 AM

Naah, you KNOW you want to do a Buffalo to complete the set.  ;D

And you can get a 1/72 scale Buffalo from Combat Models (I've got one in the stash)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Someday I'd love a 72nd scale Buffalo !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Held off putting all my 'toys' away last night. Partly because I was away most of the evening at a Junior C game, partly because the daughter had her BF over and I didn't and to be intrusive, and partly because I still want to get away with an hour or two of getting a few bits sorted before piling it all away.

I know what happens when I move the kits off the 'bench' for extended periods.....they become part of the Half Built Hall of Shame !

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 24, 2014, 05:12:20 AM
the Half Built Hall of Shame !

I think we all have claim to spaces there, Captain!

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

In my case it's more like a HANGAR of Shame!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

LOL...always good to know we're not alone  :thumbsup:

In other news, my stuff is still out. Got sick this afternoon and in between napping and getting ready for Christmas, I couldn't be arsed to clean it up. On the bright side, I should be able to sneak in a few wee sessions tomorrow.

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Got everything packed away, albeit rather haphazardly. Started digging bits out last night just to fondle.....and so it begins  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

CDN Army Beaver and Otter are out. Not sure if I mentioned this previously, but both are strictly floatplanes, missing the needed bits to make the land-based variants. I can't be arsed right now to cobble those bits together. I'd like to wrap some stuff up and get back to some 'proper' whifs I have planned, and not just alternate paint and markings.

Cheers !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?