The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Test Cricket makes perfect background noise for me.  Especially when we are winning.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

I usually watch tv whilst modelling, and even hockey. Just not the gold medal game  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on January 08, 2015, 02:56:06 AM
Test Cricket makes perfect background noise for me.  Especially when we are winning.

I find listening to England games dosen't work that well  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Finally dug the modelling stuff out last night. Started scraping all the rivets down with a flat blade in the x-acto. Worked good enough for me !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Engines are on the wings, and the tail assemblies are done. Off to a party tonite but I hope to start paining tomorrow.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 10, 2015, 04:38:42 PM
Off to a party tonite but I hope to start paining tomorrow.

Depending on the sort of party it is, you may have no option on '...starting paining....' or not.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

I'd been off the sauce all week and definitely got my fill that night. So you're right...I was pretty much paining all day long, and by the time I got the day over with I was in no mood to model. Catch up with Corrie and it was off to bed I go !

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

I know ! But it's pretty much the only show that the wife and I still watch together.

I started the paint last night. My Humbrol 156 has gone to pot, so I did the upper in 164 or 165 I think. I might have both colours off the mark tho. Using the same ones as the Airfix GR7/9 recommend.

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 13, 2015, 02:51:56 AM
Quote from: Captain Canada on January 12, 2015, 10:00:28 AM
Catch up with Corrie and it was off to bed I go !

:blink:

Sad so and so  ;D ;D

only relatively so!

for myself i love listening to BBC Radio 4's 'the Archers'.

flame guns at the ready!  ;D  :o :rolleyes:
Keeper of George the Cat.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 03, 2015, 05:56:27 PM
Got the fuselage glued together. Ended up breaking the bomb bay doors off so it would stay together, as it's all warped in that area. Now the bomb bay is out of alignment, but I'm going to glue them shut on this one anyway. Pure dog  :blink:

It's always been like that, but the plastic that more recent releases have used is more prone to warpage and can be very brittle - one part started kit I got a year or so back was shattering as I tried to do some conversion work.  Plus, the fit is all to cock as the moulds are worn out.  Still, at least it's better than the Elliott/Sangar vacforms!

I've dug out a genuine Frog one that I'd acquired as a built up model and am currently cleaning it up.  Wish I knew where the engines have gone...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Captain Canada

Got the first coat of paint on. Looking pretty good ! I have to start digging up some decals for her as well. I think I'm going to do the spinners in yellow and black stripes. Always liked those colours with the two-grey RCN scheme. Tip tanks will probably be orange or red, or an orangy red colour, as per the RAF birds.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Wooksta!

Easier to do the forward spinner yellow, the aft one black.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Captain Canada

Might do three or four stripes.....for effect. Might not tho, gonna be a bit of a PIA.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

The bloody Midget International A/AA/AAA Silver Stick hockey tournament is in town, so that's all I've been doing. Up at 6 am on a Sunday morning to go watch a semi. Go Sarnia !

Hope to have a seat on the couch and a pop tonite, but the boy plays in Woodstock @ 5:45pm and it's 2 hours away.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?