The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

NOW you guys know why don't have houses large enough to display all our models at once.  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Yup I've been to Calgary and was surprised how small it was. Was during Stampede week and I expected it to be busy but it wasn't. At least from this Londoner's point of view anyway.

We did a tour of the Rockies, stunning
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 09, 2015, 07:05:34 AM
Yup I've been to Calgary and was surprised how small it was. Was during Stampede week and I expected it to be busy but it wasn't. At least from this Londoner's point of view anyway.

What year was that Chris ?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on February 09, 2015, 09:29:29 AM

Now you got the brain rattling  :blink: Probably 95/96 ? Maybe a year or so latter
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 10, 2015, 07:35:40 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on February 09, 2015, 09:29:29 AM

Now you got the brain rattling  :blink: Probably 95/96 ? Maybe a year or so latter

It's changed a lot since then, much bigger -- when I came to Calgary in 1980 the population was only 550,000, 35 years later it's 1.2 million, it means everyday for 35 years 94 people moved to the city.  But it's actually much more than that because lots of people (myself included) moved out of the city at the same time.  The real telling thing though, is the population explosion in all the little towns around Calgary -- this doesn't get included in the city population figures --
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

The population is dwindling again.....

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Picking away at a few things here and there : the Voodoo pair, the HH-3 for the RAN, and my Army Sea King. I am back on my days off, so tomorrow will probably be a 'me' day. Get up, get the kiddies off to school, then coffee, tv/ computer, and some plastic !~ Hope to take a few photos as well.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Yessir...watching World War Z, and decaling up that HH-3 ! Good times, good times  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

R&R is always good... with plastic in the middle, couldn't be better!  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Yessir ! Was a good day for it ! I still got a few other things done as well. I'm not drinking during the week as I'm training to race motocross this year, and I find waking up early and being functional a very fine state !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Well, we've got our condo booked ! And guess what ? We've got the top ( 7th floor ) with a patio, and even better yet, a spiral stair to a private sun deck on the roof top ! I'll be bringing the tele-funking zoom and a tri-pod I think.

And we are staying in Destin, so I guess lots for the kids to do.

http://secure.instantsoftwareonline.com/StayUSA/wfrmPropertyDetail.aspx?PropertyIDFK=735839&coid=0830&CheckInDTM=3/13/2015&Nights=8

Me ? Think I'll spend most of my time on the roof. Sunscreen, Umbrella, Beer. And since I'm driving I guess I'll take some modelling stuff as well.  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Watch for the AC -130s patrolling the beach after dark for skinny dippers!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

lol that would be pretty cool ! I hope to see a few Hercs, that's for sure.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Hurlburt Field is just a stones throw up the road from Destin. Should be some CV-22s around too. Eglin is not far in the other direction. Visit the Armament Museum there.

http://www.afarmamentmuseum.com/
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise