The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Last chiro appt. for awhile today. Went pretty good. It appears that the nerve is still agitated where it passes through the rotator cuff. The joys !

A quick clean up around the house and then I hope to be hitting the bench. TTFN !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Got lots of housecleaning done. Probably a little too much when I found myself outside shovelling off the deck.....oh well, it happens !

On the model front, I actually finished off one of the Harriers ! It's a T.10 done in a gray scheme with lots of stores. Pics on that thread in a week or two when we are back in town.

Also got quite a bit done on the other T.10 I started ( silly me ) As well as a GR.5 and and FRS.1

I did some test fitting of bits between the FA.2 and the T.2 to see where we're at with the twin seat Sidetrack, then I wisely put both kits away for another day. Stick to the plan....stick to the plan....

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Add posting pics to the list of things to do!! Please??
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

I was honestly going to take a pile of pics today, and that would give me somat to do when lounging around down South. But we didn't get home from work until past 8, then clean up, getting ready etc. Back on the job early am so need some sleep for the long day and drive tomorrow evening. Night all !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Drove straight through again yesterday. Put over 4000 kms. on the truck in a week. Glad gas is only around $2.20 a gallon right now, and the truck averaged 12.2 L/100kms. Pretty good for a big beastie like that !

Hope to cleanup today and get the Hobby table set up again. I go back to work tomorrow at 6 am, and we're on the road for 3 days, but then I am back on my 6 days off, so I hope to get a wee bit done then. Mind you, moto season is right around the corner so I've got lots and lots to do to prepare for that !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Howard of Effingham

how's the cabin captain?

any new ideas after the road trip?  ;D

do let us know.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Captain Canada

Started a Skyraider. I knew I shouldn't, but I did.

:banghead:

I have an Albatross that I had started down south, that is mostly finished, that I need to finish.

I spent most of the day getting a bike ready for sale, so the 1:1 scale stuff took precedence today. I hope to get a few things done tomorrow and post a few pics as well.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 26, 2015, 08:26:14 PM
I have an Albatross that I had started down south, that is mostly finished, that I need to finish.

Bi-plane or amphibian ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

The amphibious type. I was lucky enough to find an aModel one at that little store for 7 bucks

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Back at it with the Harrier collection. Of course everytbing I build seems to turn out less than I had imagined. I think that is half of my battle.

Anyway, work is carrying on right now on An FA.2, and FRS.1 a GR.5 and a T.10. Go Harriers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Librarian

Quote from: Flyer on March 27, 2015, 11:48:40 PM
Quote from: Captain Canada on March 27, 2015, 08:50:53 PM
Of course everytbing I build seems to turn out less than I had imagined. I think that is half of my battle.

That can be very depressing, I feel your pain there. No matter what I'm doing it always turns out less than imagined, I try lowering my expectations but it never works...

I like to consider us as artists and as such not every canvas is successful. We are creators and destroyers by nature, that's our black and white, and its how we manipulate those emotions that carries us from one project to another...sorry, can't put my thoughts into correct verbage...but percevere. With each project we grow :thumbsup:. I enter each project with as much "Well, if it phuqs up then so what!!" and go from there. Good luck.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Librarian on March 28, 2015, 01:35:09 AM
Quote from: Flyer on March 27, 2015, 11:48:40 PM
Quote from: Captain Canada on March 27, 2015, 08:50:53 PM
Of course everytbing I build seems to turn out less than I had imagined. I think that is half of my battle.

That can be very depressing, I feel your pain there. No matter what I'm doing it always turns out less than imagined, I try lowering my expectations but it never works...

I like to consider us as artists and as such not every canvas is successful. We are creators and destroyers by nature, that's our black and white, and its how we manipulate those emotions that carries us from one project to another...sorry, can't put my thoughts into correct verbage...but percevere. With each project we grow :thumbsup:. I enter each project with as much "Well, if it phuqs up then so what!!" and go from there. Good luck.

Well, i guess it comes with the territory... i agree with librarian, modeling itself is an art, and even more when its what if. I also get that feeling when i'm composing songs for the band and even after a record is finished and everyone is telling me it's good, i still feel like "i guess it's ok but..."  :banghead:
Bah, complicated are these artist types...  ;D :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

But this dissatisfaction with our work is surely what keeps us building?  Not happy with the result?  Try again.  Build another.
Mine rarely turn out like I picture them.  Occasionally they are better, more often they are worse but usually they are just different.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

The fun part is always what keeps me doing it, creating something and to see it come together is always rewarding but i guess it goes like Mick Jagger sang...  ;D :lol: :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Thanks guys. I think it's just the rut of having too many ideas and starting too many projects ! And not enough time.....?

The wee Dynavert was just somat to keep me occupied when we were on the road. I guess I should finish it. Or restart it....same for the Argus. I said I was going to redo it in 350th scale. Some day. But you know what John Fogerty says ;-)

PS-what Jagger song ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?