The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

The rolling stones- Satisfaction  ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

D'oh ! How could I miss that one ?   :blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

well, it is an oldie, isn't it?  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

Quote from: DogfighterZen on March 28, 2015, 09:44:29 AM
well, it is an oldie, isn't it?  :thumbsup:

Cheek! It was No. 1 in the UK charts the day I married Mrs_PR19 #1. Hmmmmm, that might explain subsequent events with her...............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

pyro-manic

It's very easy (for me, at least) to be incredibly self-critical. Analysing it can be useful to an extent, but it's easy to go too far and just bash yourself. Try and be constructive about it if you are looking for flaws. Otherwise just say "I made this, it's unique" and be proud of that. :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

NARSES2

I look at it as "did I enjoy the build ?".  If so then result  :thumbsup: If not then try and work out why not. If it was the kit then avoid it in future, if technique then just practice it on something that doesn't matter if you screw it up
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I really didn't enjoy building the XFV-1 Salmon (hard to work plastic, poorly fitting parts, badly designed kit, no real plan when I started) and yet I love how it turned out and I want to have another go at it.
And i'll probably enjoy that just as little.
I find that having lots of builds started means that I get more finished because I'll do a bit of something I don't enjoy and then reward myself by doing something I do like doing.  The trick is to have enough builds at the enjoyable stages.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Part of the problem for me is the photography. The light in my dinghy model room isn't very good, and I'm too damn lazy to do 'owt about it ! Maybe tomorrow I'll drag everything up into the kitchen where the sunlight can help out.

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on March 29, 2015, 04:33:30 AM
I really didn't enjoy building the XFV-1 Salmon (hard to work plastic, poorly fitting parts, badly designed kit, no real plan when I started) and yet I love how it turned out and I want to have another go at it.

Think yourself lucky you didn't start with the Pegasus XFV-1, that's a bit like building a vacform with 1/4" thick styrene.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 29, 2015, 06:41:50 AM
Part of the problem for me is the photography. The light in my dinghy model room isn't very good, and I'm too damn lazy to do 'owt about it ! Maybe tomorrow I'll drag everything up into the kitchen where the sunlight can help out.

:blink:

Outside, in open shade, plain background. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Captain Canada

We bought a brand new camera as well, a Nikon D3200, with a 200mm lens as well. Pity I didn't have that down in FLA !  :banghead:

Anyway, nowt to report today. I glues together some rocket pods and that's about it. Had a few too many pops yesterday watching the GP and then a local Junior A hockey game.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

A wee bit of progress last night. A few decals and a wee bit of paint on the T.10. Felt good ! Now working on the road for a few days and hopefully moto this weekend so might be awhile again....
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Real life and it's distractions...  :rolleyes:

:cheers:

Captain Canada

Yessir. Got back late last night, a few pops with friends and watch the hockey game, up and at 'em back to work, then got home and it's all about getting the bikes ready and load out for a motocross race tomorrow ! So no modelling yet again ! :blink:

:angry: :unsure:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?